What happened to Cisco class was it 2003?

[quote=“TranscendingRationality”]

I’ve heard conflicting reports of College Pro. Did the money turn out as good as you hoped?[/quote]

Nope, but that was my fault, not College Pro. I actually put myself in debt doing it, but that was because of me, and not the company. My experience was not typical of most rookie franchisees, and even though I lost money, I learned a ton, and am coming back to do it again this year, with the hopes of making what I had planned on doing last year.

Where’s your Grandpa live? Because CP has a 96% quality rating, although we often get confused with Student Works, which sucks balls. I may have sucked it up last year, but I had 100% quality feedback rating, and so did almost every other rookie in Vancouver.

Richmond.

And you’re right, I actually don’t know exactly who it was (one of those hire-a-student projects), but apparently all they did was dogfuck and smoke pot all day.

Eso, you’re like a friend of mine; he was planning on becoming something to do with computers, but then got a truck, started working on it, and now he’s a mechanic in the fastlane at Ford.

He’s got a 91 Ranger with a 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift, soon to have 35s, swapped-in 4.0L V6, air compressor in the back, locking rear diff, shift kit, and like 20 more things I don’t really know. He’s also got 2 10" Pioneer SPL subs that make my intestines shake and leave me coughing. The air coming out of the ports on those things blew my hair.

I’m also still kicking around, I really should make a concious effort to post but life is pretty hectic right now with work and all. I haven’t been back to Rupert in over a year but I’m hoping to get back sometime in the spring if I can take time off.

Ive seen that truck, could use more than a 4.0L to move it though, especially after the 35’s come. He should swap in a 302 from a crashed mustang.

When I was in high school, actually, despite my hard-earned ubergeek status, I knew that I definitely did not want to go into IT as a professional. I have no qualms working with computers (just about unavoidable in any field now), but I didn’t, and don’t, want to be a “computer guy” for a living.

I was, and am, mostly interested in math and hard science. There’s not much that I find more interesting than shit interacting with other shit, be it numbers, particles, longhorn sheep…

Anyhow, it’s funny that I’ve almost gone full circle, though, because I think that my career as a mechanic is very similar to what most sysadmins do, at least, logically if not physically. Maintain, upgrade, repair. Systematic diagnosis/troubleshooting. Component replacement.

Actually, 3 close parallels between automotive service and computer service:

• Even though someone broke their shit through their own carelessness, it’s always somehow your fault.

• Once you’ve worked on someone’s property once, any malfunctions down the road will somehow be your fault.

• Friends, coworkers, casual acquaintances will expect you to apply your trade skills for them without compensation.

[quote=“Eso”]
Anyhow, it’s funny that I’ve almost gone full circle, though, because I think that my career as a mechanic is very similar to what most sysadmins do, at least, logically if not physically. Maintain, upgrade, repair. Systematic diagnosis/troubleshooting. Component replacement.

Actually, 3 close parallels between automotive service and computer service:

• Even though someone broke their shit through their own carelessness, it’s always somehow your fault.

• Once you’ve worked on someone’s property once, any malfunctions down the road will somehow be your fault.

• Friends, coworkers, casual acquaintances will expect you to apply your trade skills for them without compensation.[/quote]

Yeah bust sysadmins don’t wear cool coveralls like these:

http://www.teamgrizzly.ca/photos/259_09-suzanne-mechanic-b.jpg

Two words: pocket protector.