What do you think of private hospitals?

[quote=“MiG”]

Only one word to describe you, hoshq, and I keep coming back to it over and over.

Ignorant.

That pretty much sums you up.

If you want to believe I’m a Coons Cronie (is that a basketball team) or an NDP Backroom Boy, then that’s further proof (as if I needed it) that you are the true definition of the word ‘ignorant’.[/quote]

Have it your way. Please delete the 18 images of mine at rupertpics (each of the 9 has a thumbnail), and then delete both my rupertpics and htmf accounts. Thanks.

[quote=“hoshq”]

Only one word to describe you, hoshq, and I keep coming back to it over and over.

Ignorant.

That pretty much sums you up.

If you want to believe I’m a Coons Cronie (is that a basketball team) or an NDP Backroom Boy, then that’s further proof (as if I needed it) that you are the true definition of the word ‘ignorant’.

Have it your way. Please delete the 18 images of mine at rupertpics (each of the 9 has a thumbnail), and then delete both my rupertpics and htmf accounts. Thanks.[/quote]

<!insert smiley face here>bahaha!</!>

I guess MiG isn’t invited to your birthday party this year. :frowning:

Sheesh, it was just an innocent little debate about healthcare.

[quote=“hoshq”]

Have it your way. Please delete the 18 images of mine at rupertpics (each of the 9 has a thumbnail), and then delete both my rupertpics and htmf accounts. Thanks.[/quote]

And I will take my bat an ball and go home to my mommie!

hoshq, please don’t go. You’re supposed to post a picture for the next “Where is this?” game. If you go, we will all be in limbo!

Good riddance. :smiley:

[quote=“BigThumb”]

What about when you get cirrhosis of the liver from drinking after ball games?[/quote]

I don’t even know what cirrhosis is, but I’m already germinating a crop of little Eso’s for future organ harvesting.

Cirrohis of the liver is most commonly caused by chronic alcoholism, or a Hepititis C infection. Cirrohis is when scar tissue replaces the good, healthy tissue, and blocks the blood flow through the liver inhibiting it’s normal functions.

To develop cirrhosis brought upon by alcoholism, one normally has to engage in a decade of heavy drinking, which is thought of as or 4-5 drinks a day.

Its all fun and games until someone wants their accounts deleted…and the it turns into a spectator sport.

[quote=“smartass”]Cirrohis of the liver is most commonly caused by chronic alcoholism, or a Hepititis C infection. Cirrohis is when scar tissue replaces the good, healthy tissue, and blocks the blood flow through the liver inhibiting it’s normal functions.

To develop cirrhosis brought upon by alcoholism, one normally has to engage in a decade of heavy drinking, which is thought of as or 4-5 drinks a day.[/quote]

Hook, line and sinker!

Only 4 or 5 a day for 10 years? How come my ex doesn’t have cirrhosis then? Oh right, the Scots don’t have livers. They take them out at birth and serve them up with mucous pudding for some horrid national dish…

cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=2&nid=27461

My sister had her knee checked at a private MRI clinic in Van. When she told me how long she would’ve had to have waited if she didn’t go to a private clinic, I was shocked. She was supposed to suffer for that long, hobbling around on a fucked up knee which would only get worse, just to get diagnosed?

Now the federal gov’t is warning the provinces about these clinics. The very same clinics that had my sister quickly diagnosed and led to her being rushed into surgery because her problem was serious. The feds have failed to supply the demand for timely healthcare and now they’re warning the private clinics that are doing something right.

This sacred concept of Universal Healthcare is ridiculous. Why can’t those private diagnostic clinics co-exist with public healthcare? People need those clinics, an ideal is not going to get them quickly diagnosed so that they can get the proper treatment.

If the provinces want the federal money, they have to play by the federal rules.

If BC wants to have no federal assistance in its health care, then great.

But remember, health care is a provincial responsibility. The reason that waiting lists have tripled in the last few years is because of the BC Liberals, period.

The real question you should be asking is why isn’t the public system able to perform the same tests? Where has their funding gone?

[quote=“MiG”]If the provinces want the federal money, they have to play by the federal rules.

If BC wants to have no federal assistance in its health care, then great.

But remember, health care is a provincial responsibility. The reason that waiting lists have tripled in the last few years is because of the BC Liberals, period.

The real question you should be asking is why isn’t the public system able to perform the same tests? Where has their funding gone?[/quote]

The federal rules should be changed to accommodate the demand for timely healthcare. At the very least, they should’ve turned a blind eye and allowed those clinics to continue running, but I suppose doing so has already pointed out some of the obvious deficiencies in public healthcare.

The clinics are in four provinces, including Alberta. It’s not just a problem caused by the BC liberals.