What do you think of private hospitals?

Will private healthcare ruin public healthcare? Affect doctor/nurse shortages? Be more efficient? Reduce waiting lists? What’s your opinion?

http://www.chelseasofnewyork.com/i/3517d.jpg

greater access to registered sex offender nurses ?

She can change my bedpan any day of the week

She could inspect my wiener for sores with her mouth…

Edit: I before E, especially after W

So much for staying on topic, guys…like, really. Clean up your drool. Private health care would blow chunks. Things would probably just get more complicated…and with a nurse like that, there would only be guy patients…he he. Anyway, thumbs down on private health care.

Well I say thumbs up to private healthcare. Some of the best systems in the world use a combination of both public and private. Have we become so complacent that we’re willing to accept being forced to pay for a subpar service with all the competition outlawed?

I don’t understand why Canadians are so proud of our healthcare system. Look at the wait times, people are suffering unnecessarily because of a stupid concept. Universal healthcare is a failure.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that the system is a failure. Even in its current state, I’m still proud of it.

I think that we are in a very good position to use the experiences of several countries and create a “Best of Both Worldsâ€

[quote=“alistair”]I wouldn’t go so far as to say that the system is a failure. Even in its current state, I’m still proud of it.

I think that we are in a very good position to use the experiences of several countries and create a “Best of Both Worldsâ€[/quote]

Efficiency and competition are both good for the consumer.

… if they can afford it.

[quote=“Ivan”]

Efficiency and competition are both good for the consumer.[/quote]

Patients are not consumers!

Then who is the end user of the services provided by a privatized healthcare system?

In comparison to the rest of the world, we’re already paying a premium for a mediocre system. I don’t see privatized healthcare as everything staying the same, except now there’s an ATM and a Visa machine at the front desk.

If healthcare was publicly funded as it is now, and then there was an additional charge from the private sector, I’d expect that nurse pictured above, and I better be smilin’ after my sponge bath!

And by the way, the woman pictured above is a Doctor, so give her the respect she deserves!!! Sexist PIGS!!

I wonder how she got hrough med school… :smiley:

I once knew a Texan girl who didn’t like Canadian publicly funded healthcare system because “it’s unfair to force all the people who don’t get sick to have to pay for it.”

Should he-men woman-haters like myself who never get sick have to pay for pussy-ass wimps like yourself?

What about when you get cirrhosis of the liver from drinking after ball games?

Maybe you don’t want to pay for pussy-ass wimps, but you might want to pay for your girlfriend or your family when they get sick.

Those less fortunate would buy medical insurance or use public healthcare. If you needed a hip replacement, would you wait six months to show your support for universal healthcare if there was a private clinic that could do it in three weeks?

In any case, those with the means can always go to other countries for timely treatment. The idea is to provide an alternative in Canada that will free up resources from our beleaguered system, attract more doctors and nurses, and provide superior care.