What did every one get?

What kinda things did people get for xmas ?

32.50/hr for 12hrs 8)

12 hours of sleep.

An automatic transmission shifter and linkage from the junkyard, 1/2 drive metric deep sockets, NAPA gift certificate, and some cognac.

Good haul, specially that shifter, pretty stoked about getting shit from the junkyard for x-mas, hahaha.

I ordered my 20" lcd… >tigerdirect.ca/applications/ … 03&CatId=0

And my gf bought me a bluetooth mouse. Now to order the bluetooth keyboard for my laptop and im set :smiley:

30GB iPod Black and a Bula toque with built in speakers, plus other assorted aviation/sushi goodies from the family. My gift to myself was the black 02’ Chilkoot to go with my iPod, and I suppose the sub box Dave and I built on the 23rd.

Hey what do you think of the black ipod >? The screen is nice…

a jacket, and various other clothing articles to keep me warm for the brutal winter im facing :frowning:

[quote=“rangerwreck”]An automatic transmission shifter and linkage from the junkyard, 1/2 drive metric deep sockets, NAPA gift certificate, and some cognac.

Good haul, specially that shifter, pretty stoked about getting shit from the junkyard for x-mas, hahaha.[/quote]

Are they impact sockets? Because there’s really no reason to get 1/2" drive deep sockets that aren’t impact.

[quote=“jleaman”]

Hey what do you think of the black ipod >? The screen is nice…[/quote]

I like the black ones better than the white. I also have a broken Nano in black… The black shows more scratches though, and since everyone should have an iSkin for their iPods, the color isn’t all that important.

As soon as the Evo3 iSkins are in stock, I’ll be ordering one…

[quote=“Eso”]

[quote=“rangerwreck”]An automatic transmission shifter and linkage from the junkyard, 1/2 drive metric deep sockets, NAPA gift certificate, and some cognac.

Good haul, specially that shifter, pretty stoked about getting shit from the junkyard for x-mas, hahaha.[/quote]

Are they impact sockets? Because there’s really no reason to get 1/2" drive deep sockets that aren’t impact.[/quote]

I agree.

Poor dog I’ll bet all its friends are laughing at it.

[quote=“jesus”]

Poor dog I’ll bet all its friends are laughing at it.[/quote]

Not as much as little Ralphie’s friends were laughing at him in A Christmas Story when he put on that ridiculous bunny suit!

As for me, I’ll find out on Tuesday when my sister gets back from Kitimat.

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10056/Equinox.jpg

Merry Christmas to me!

http://img.ncix.com/images/16351-l.JPG

Merry X-Mas to me!

Christmas? Must be some archaic form of X-Mas, like when you say ‘ask’ instead of ‘axe’.

[quote=“alistair”]http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10056/Equinox.jpg

Merry Christmas to me![/quote]

Nice!! Look’s good. How you like it so far ?

Couldn’t be happier with it.

[quote=“Eso”]

Are they impact sockets? Because there’s really no reason to get 1/2" drive deep sockets that aren’t impact.[/quote]

An 11 pc impact set is ~$60, and 9pc normal is ~$30 from Cambodian Tire. Thirty bucks makes the list of cheap presents for relatives to get.

I doubt I’ll be using impact drivers for my hobby work for some time to come. You ever try using a 1" drive impact gun? They have some bite…

I have something like 4 1/2" ratchets and 2 3/8". Most of my extensions are 1/2’ too, so I pretty much buy all new sockets in 1/2" for compatibilty.

Whenever possible (especially in 1/2" drive), I buy impact sockets rather than regular… just because if you ever do want to start impacting shit, you have to buy the $60 socket set in addition to the $30 one that you already bought.

However, especially for a backyard mechanic, impact wrenches are actually entirely unnecessary… like, at work, the only thing that I absolutely have to use it for is lug nuts, because it saves so much time, but for just about any other fastener, it’ll only save at most a minute or two.

I’m trying to not waste money on a set of ratcheting combination wrenches, because they’re really only mega-useful once in a blue moon, but when you do need them, they are a lifesaver.