What Bugs You?

This is a place to vent. What is your gripe??

I’ll go first…

I can’t stand it when I am pulling out to pass a car on the highway and they put on their brakes. I’m accelerating and they slow down. Not good. Good thing I have quick reflexes. :wink:

Most of them wait till your passing and even with them, then they floor it… suddenly you were passing a guy going 80 and now you’re going 130 and not pulling ahead…

People who hate cats. This world would be upside down without pussy!

Another successful thread by Fingahz…I never stop amazing myself. :unamused:

I strongly dislike getting up at 5am to iron my sheets… great fun.

You should use Scotchguardâ„¢ on your sheets… I don’t, but it sure feels like I do.

Trying to get anywhere in the Lower Mainland by car, every day.

Arrgh! I can sympathize with that. Used to from 200th St in Langley to Kingsway & Boundary every year. Can’t even imagine having to do that again! Last time I was down it was horrid to go from Hastings to Marine just staying on Willingdon!

Having fantastic weather every evening that I can’t take my bike out for a ride, and then when I finally can get out, it rains. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Heh, I’m going from 200th and Highway 1 in Langley to BCIT in Burnaby (Willingdon and Canada Way) every day. When I’m not in Langley, I’m in the far end of Richmond (basically in Steveston). Either way, the commute is brutal.

Last year, there was a guy in my class that drove to school every day from Squampton. Now that’s a haul.

The limit on the freeway is 90 or 100, but I usually don’t get going any faster than 40 the whole way in. And I’m on it at 5:45am, “before the traffic starts to get heavy” as the people here say.

Eso, where the fuck is Squampton?? Is that squamish? I lived in the lower mainland (Vancouver) for six years, couldn’t take the traffic, commuting and crowds so we moved back to Rupert. People can say whatever they like and to each thier own, but the quality of life here is waaaay better.

I was driving downtown. There was a line up of cars waitin for a green light.
I was the last one in line. There was a guy tryin to pull out in front of me. As soon as the light went green, he just starts pulling out right in front of me. There was like 3 feet between me and the car that was in front of me.
I was pissed, if i didnt break he would of hit me. Stupid NDN

Another thing is when big trucks park right in front of yellow curbs. So when your turning you can see anything comin at you.

im not sure who is smarter, the “NDN” or the gas jockey.

What really bugs me is how the oil companies blame the taxes for the high price of gas yet end up with record profits anyway. Four out of the top seven profit-making companies in the world were oil and gas related last year: http://tinyurl.com/4p8m4

And two of the other three are banks (don’t get me started with them!)

Gov’t and oil cpmanies could all give us a break. Then there are the banks… :angry:

[quote=“BigThumb”]What really bugs me is how the oil companies blame the taxes for the high price of gas yet end up with record profits anyway. Four out of the top seven profit-making companies in the world were oil and gas related last year: http://tinyurl.com/4p8m4

And two of the other three are banks (don’t get me started with them!)[/quote]

I especially like how when the price of crude oil goes up they put the price up at the pumps like the next day, even though the buffer between the oil production and the domestic sale at the pumps has to be around a month or so. But when the price of crude goes down it's weeks before we see the benefit which is minimal at best. Fuckers, thats it I'm riding my bicyle more, oh yah it's still winter, damn. Big Thumb, you'll have to start another thread for the Bank issues.

You know, for me it’s not the higher price of fuel that’s the bad part ( I bought fuel in Europe before and we still don’t match up with them), it’s the hypocrisy of the oil industry.

there was a headline on gasbuddy.com a couple days ago
Crude oil drops $xx a barrel.
the headline right underneath said
Consumers brace for price hikes at the pumps.
Every year they blame summer demand for rising prices, but never meet the demand they know is coming.

On the realms of fiction and wishful thinking but I wonder if someone came up with a small, inexpensive way to power a vehicle without the use of oil or petroleum and the oil companies suddenly saw their cash cows flying away, would they do anything to stop it?

If a product came out that was so revolutionary so as to cut, and just grabbing a number out of the air, 85% of the oil company profit, how hard would they fight to stop said product? Do you think they would?

After watching the MRO reach orbit on NASA-TV today, then later the engineers come on to say their predicted orbit vs actual orbit was off by .1, I wonder why someone can not come up with an engine that can run say 100km or 200km per liter.

I’m not comparing NASA engineers with car engineers but there are an awful lot of smart people out there, where are the advances in engine technology?