What are you snacking on?

5 year old cheddar and Asian pear… mmmm!

Nothing yet, just sipping on some hot black coffee. Peanut butter toast to follow soon. :smile:

I wouldn’t call it snacking, but

In Keith Richards autobiography, he offers up his recipe for bangers and mash. The final step “HP sauce, every man to his own” may have been a warning, but I tried it anyway. Saturday supper, Sunday breakfast, Monday breakfast and enough still for lunch. It’s not the worst meal I have ever had, but the ketchup does help.

[quote=“DWhite”]I wouldn’t call it snacking, but

In Keith Richards autobiography, he offers up his recipe for bangers and mash. The final step “HP sauce, every man to his own” may have been a warning, but I tried it anyway. Saturday supper, Sunday breakfast, Monday breakfast and enough still for lunch. It’s not the worst meal I have ever had, but the ketchup does help.[/quote]

Oh DWhite, I LOVE bangers and mash ! Did you have the “mushy peas” also to make it a truly authentic Brit dish? Have to say had the best plate of this awesomeness in Victoria when my fella and I were down there, but they drizzled rich gravy over the dish and added carmalized onions. Was to die for ! Love “Bubble and Squeak” also ! Not snacking much now but LOVE anything CHEESE !!

Your such a weird eater though , you know who makes the best food and no use going all the way to Victoria now is there. I eat good snacks like peanuts and the odd veggie…lol

[quote=“codybear933”]

[quote=“DWhite”]I wouldn’t call it snacking, but

In Keith Richards autobiography, he offers up his recipe for bangers and mash. The final step “HP sauce, every man to his own” may have been a warning, but I tried it anyway. Saturday supper, Sunday breakfast, Monday breakfast and enough still for lunch. It’s not the worst meal I have ever had, but the ketchup does help.[/quote]

Oh DWhite, I LOVE bangers and mash ! Did you have the “mushy peas” also to make it a truly authentic Brit dish? Have to say had the best plate of this awesomeness in Victoria when my fella and I were down there, but they drizzled rich gravy over the dish and added carmalized onions. Was to die for ! Love “Bubble and Squeak” also ! Not snacking much now but LOVE anything CHEESE !![/quote]

My ex’s Dad was a hobby chef, loved to do the Btitish thing. Swore to God he fed you bubble & squeak, mushy peas, etc so you’d leave quickly.
Once my parents went to the in-laws for dinner. Spectacular meal, but right as exited the apartment lobby my Dad cut one I swear took the glass out of every window on the whole block…

Had smoked fish and crackers last night and smoked fish on a toast , this fine morning

Cream of wheat and an Asian pear.

Toast and kitty litter…ppttteeeewww…damn cat must have been on the counter again last night…

Here is the recipe as only Keef can give it. Notice the extensive attention to detail. (I guessed at the number of potatoes, peas, carrots, seasonings etc.)
My biggest complaint was the bangers. I tried to be fancy and bought a more expensive variety. Should have stuck with the regular breakfast sausage.

1. First off, find a butcher who makes his sausages fresh.
  2. Fry up a mixture of onions and bacon and seasonings.
  3. Get the spuds on the boil with a dash of vinegar, some chopped onions and salt (seasoning to taste. Chuck in some peas with the spuds. (Throw in some chopped carrots too, if you like). Now we’re talking.
  4. Now, you have a choice of grilling or broiling your bangers or frying. Throw the on low heat with the simmering bacon and onions (or in the cold pan, as the TV lady said, and add onions and bacon in a bit) and let the fuckers rock gently, turning every few minutes.
  5. Mash yer spuds and whatever.
  6. Bangers are now fat free (as possible!).
  7. Gravy if desitred.
  8. HP sauce, every man to his own.

English bangers are better than the breakfast sausage. They are much finer ground meat.

Can’t really count it as a snack, but for breakfast I had cerevlat salami, and toast loaded with butter.

For a snack I have a chicken burger… or a ichiban lol

Ostrich eggs and deep fried blue whale fillets.

Thank you “DWhite” for the recipe ! I used to make it for my late hubbie, he was a Brit but I don’t think I was right on the money with it! The mushy peas were good though and I made “spotted dick” too! I can hear everyone out there snickering now but it is good, bubble and squeak, toast and marmite or Vegimite (Yuck, an acquired taste), haddock and mash and so on. There are some really good British recipes but I would steer clear of the boiled to death brussel sprouts and definitely that Marmite !!

Shameless plug for Pam’s site.

Leftover Hot & Sour soup.
We had a monetary lapse of reason in PG last night and ordered combination plates with it. In PG’s best chinese place, they were every bit as greasy and disgusting as anywhere else. Couldn’t even finish it.
Fekk!!!

olives - Green Garlic clove stuffed olives.

A Dragon orange.
Seems to be a cross between an orange and a pomello. Incredibly thick rind, woody bitter pulp. What am I gonna do with the other three of them …

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]A Dragon orange.
Seems to be a cross between an orange and a pomello. Incredibly thick rind, woody bitter pulp. What am I gonna do with the other three of them …[/quote]

Buy a few different pcs. of fruit, make a small fruit salad and squeeze the juice of your dragon oranges over it. Your colon will love you