WGA Strike

Gahhhhhhh, The Writers Guild of America are on strike (I haven’t read any updates on it since 15/11/2007) but that means that a hell of a lot of shows are going to be put on hiatus until February of next year =\ I was just getting into HEROES too… buggers.

ABC
Big Shots: 9 episodes completed; production on 4 more scripts winding down. Episode 8 scheduled to air November 29, leaving 1 new episode remaining before hiatus. Season order was for 13 episodes.
Boston Legal: 15 episodes completed out of 22 episode order. Episode 7 to air tonight; episode 8 to go out December 4.
Brothers and Sisters: 12 episodes recorded. Episode 9 to air December 2.
Cashmere Mafia: Launch held back until end of strike.
Carpoolers: 13 out of 13 in the can.
Cavemen: 12 episodes out of 13 ordered taped. Episode 6 to air tonight.
Dancing with the Stars: Production continues.
Desperate Housewives: Production shut down. 10 episodes recorded; episode 9 to air December 2. Show expected to go on hiatus with 1 episode held back.

Dirty Sexy Money: 11 of 13 episodes taped. Next new episode goes out November 28.
Grey’s Anatomy: 11 episodes recorded; production shut down. Episode 10 to air December 6.
Jimmy Kimmel Live: On hiatus.
Lost: 8 episodes out of 16 ordered taped. In event of protracted dispute, the 8 in the can could run as a mini-season starting in the New Year with remaining shows held back for 2008-09.
Men in Trees: 19 episodes taped, some held back from last season. Episode 8 to air December 7.
Private Practice: 11 episodes taped. Production shutdown. Episode 7 to air November 21.
Samantha Who?: 12 episodes taped out of 22 episode season order. Episode 7 to air December 3.
Ugly Betty: 13 out of 24 episodes taped. Episode 10 to go out December 6.

CBS
Cane: Production on 13 episodes expected to be completed successfully. CBS plans to air episode 10 on November 27.
Cold Case: 10 episodes out of 24 ordered taped.
Criminal Minds: 12 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 10 scheduled for December 12.
CSI: 9 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Episode 9 currently scheduled for December 6.
CSI: Miami: 13 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Episode 10 scheduled for November 26.
CSI: New York: 14 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Episode 10 scheduled for November 28.
Ghost Whisperer: 9 episodes out of 22 ordered taped. Episode 9 scheduled for November 23.
Jericho: Production completed on 7 episode order.
NCIS: 10 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Episode 10 to air November 27.
Numb3rs: 12 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Episode 9 to air November 23.
Rules of Engagement: Production shut down with 9 episodes completed. Episode 9 scheduled to air November 19.
Shark: 11 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 10 scheduled to air November 25.
The Big Bang Theory: Production shut down with 9 episodes in the can.
The Late Show with David Letterman: On hiatus.
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: On hiatus.
The New Adventures of Old Christine: Production shut down.
Two and a Half Men: Production shut down. Show expected to go on hiatus November 26.

Fox
24: Production shut down with 8 episodes taped. Show on hiatus.
Back to You: Production shut down with 9 episodes taped. On hiatus.
Bones: 12 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 9 scheduled to air November 27.
Family Guy: Production shut down.
House: Repeats to air after American Idol in January.
K-Ville: Production shut down. 5 episodes aired, 3 more first-run episodes scheduled; however, show’s future uncertain and it is not scheduled for spring.
Prison Break: On hiatus until January 14.
‘Til Death: Production shut down.

NBC
30 Rock: 10 episodes of a 22 episode season taped. Production shut down. Episode 7 scheduled for November 29.
Bionic Woman: 9 episodes of 13 episode order completed. Episode 8 scheduled for November 28.
Heroes: Heroes: Origins spinoff suspended. December 3 episode to serve as finale of volume two.
Journeyman: 13 episodes of 13 ordered taped. Episode 11 scheduled for December 3.
Law and Order: SVU: 14 episodes taped. Episode 9 to air November 27.
Medium: 9 episodes out of a 22 episode order completed.
My Name Is Earl: All season 3 episodes completed.
Saturday Night Live: On hiatus.
Scrubs: 11 episodes shot. Non-WGA staff editing 12th episode. NBC rumoured to have wanted 12th episode to serve as series finale; creator Bill Lawrence refuses to wrap series early.
The Office: Production shut down - actors refused to cross picket lines. Show to go on hiatus effective November 15.
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: On hiatus. NBC considering plan to bring show back with guest hosts beginning November 19. Jay Leno refuses to cross picket lines.

The CW
Gossip Girl: 13 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 8 scheduled to air November 28.
Smallville: 15 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 8 scheduled to air November 15.
Supernatural: 11 episodes in the can; 5 scripts available for production. Episode 8 scheduled to air November 15.

Comedy Central
South Park: Writers not members of the WGA; production continues.
The Colbert Report: On hiatus.
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: On hiatus.

HBO
Real Time with Bill Maher: On hiatus.

FX
Dirt: Second season expected to be truncated.
Nip/Tuck: 14 episodes in the can; filming on 8 more postponed. Episode 5 scheduled to air November 27.
Rescue Me: 22 episodes ordered; production had been scheduled for early 2008 start.

That was a lot of effort to write.
I’ll be more succinct. No one will notice. Between the SHIT pawned off as new hits, the CRAP that won’t go away and the Programming JERKS who only run new episodes during ratings anyway, I sure won’t.

Well I actually don’t miss much of the dreck that isn’t going to show up in the near future, I have a few shows that I like, most on Showtime HBO and such. But there are a few  guilty pleasures on the dinosaur networks that I like.

But to soothe your shattered nerves, I heard tonight that the two sides will get back together for talks after Thanksgiving…

news.monstersandcritics.com/usa/ … _the_table

just think all that turkey and stuffing and football, will lull them all into a more amenable frame of mind.

So, hey the crap they throw at us in the name of entertainment may yet be safe…

Til that day of arbitration, you can always surf the torrent sites, probably a ton of British and Australian stuff out there to take a looksee for.

You never know, you may just discover the next big American hit show two years before anybody else…   

If it wasn’t for the Commonwealth to rob from, they’d be fanfaring remakes of Petticoat Junction and Beverly Hillbillies on ABC