Westview Elem. School

I used to live in Prince Rupert 30 years ago, and dearly miss it there.
I’ve heard the sad news of school closures, and Westview Elem. being one of them.
I unfortunately will not be back there for years, and would appreciate any pictures of Westview Elem. so I can show my children where I attended school, as well as a memory keep-sake.

I know this is also asking alot, … I used to live @ 1405 Graham Ave., and have not seen that neighborhood since 1983, and would also love to see any pictures of that house and / or area.
I appreciate any pictures if some-one can spare the time and effort.

Thank-you

I’ll see if I can post an exterior picture later.  I’m sure I have some.

Yeah… Westview isn’t one of the ones being closed.

Maybe check here,
They might have something. :smile:
sd52.bc.ca/moodle/course/view.ph … l&nothing=

I couldn’t find the picture I was looking for but you might like this one.  Westview is on the top right corner.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Thank-you very much !

I appreciate any pictures of this school, and I can’t believe it still looks the same, except for the portables, and it also looks like they may have paved the play ground, which used to be all gravel.
Again … thank-you.

**Also in my previous post, I realized that I put the wrong address where I used to live.
    It was 1505 Graham Ave., and not 1405 … I apologize for the error.
    If any has pictures of this area, and /or house, I would dearly appreciate it.

Thank-you

A most excellent picture, BigThumb. Not only can I get a great view of the house I used to live in but I can see how many homes have changed since I lived in that neighbourhood and have been able to show my kids a little piece of my past. THANKS!

[quote=“Milestone”]
I appreciate any pictures of this school, and I can’t believe it still looks the same, except for the portables, and it also looks like they may have paved the play ground, which used to be all gravel.[/quote]

I’m sure the playground is still gravel, and they tore down 2-3 of those dilapidated portables a few years back. Other than that you’re right, almost no change.

Thank-you Lemrac for the link …

It’s nice to see the school spririt is still there for the Holiday seasons.
I wish some-one would have posted some outside pictures amongst all the pictures :frowning:

Thank-you again

You’re welcome Saffron!  I took this pic while on a helicopter tour of the area.  It was great.

I have really fond memories of two Teachers at Westview:

Mrs. Winter, and Mrs. Smith, and was wondering if anyone knows if they still teach in Rupert ?
They were great Teachers.

I am so glad to have found this forum !

Welcome to htmf Milestone.  We are glad to have you here.  If you want to know a little more about how some things work on this site, you can click the help icon in the red banner at the top or just ask in a new post.
The great amount of technically savvy people who are members makes it a good place to ask for advice with any computer/technology stuff ( I’m not one of them!). 
Also, don’t get too upset with some of the stuff that is written here.  Like in life, the characters here run the gamut from annoying to interesting.
Have fun.

Can some-one tell me how to respond to a reply ?
I am new here and I am trying to figure this out  :frowning:

I’m not so sure what you mean.
Do you mean a quote? 

I noticed that my replies don’t have the purple box with the reply I am  responding too ?

The purple box are only there if you quote someone.  You don’t need to use quotes if you don’t want to.  It is done by clicking on  the “quote” icon instead of the “reply” icon.  In the post message box, you will see a code and then the quoted text. 

Try it with this post.

Oooooooh,  Thank-you very much !

I’m finding that alot of people in here are “Ex” Rupertites ?

[quote=“BigThumb”]
Oooooooh,  Thank-you very much !

I’m finding that alot of people in here are “Ex” Rupertites ?[/quote]

Nice triple posting :wink:

Click quote, then below the quote write your reply.

AHHhhhhh, I hope I got it this time ?