Westjet Rupert Fleet Order

Might be true - Westjet to make appearance in the North

Initial Globe and Mail article naming Prince Rupert as one of the destinations
theglobeandmail.com/report-o … le2288493/

Recent article Westjet buying 40 turbo prop aircraft for its new regional fleet
theglobeandmail.com/report-o … le2406977/

Awesome news…I have been hoping WestJet would start to fly to Prince Rupert, so its nice to know they specifically mentioned our little city in their future plans for expansion.

I sure hope West Jet goes with the Dash Q400 and not the French-Italian ATR 72 Turpo Prop. In research on the later it has serious problems with ice. I will not fly on it and its hard to imadgine that it would work in Canadian Skies. I have flown several times on the Q400 on Horizon Airlines and it is a wonderful aircraft. It is a much improved Dash Air Craft far better than the 100 and 300 series that currently serve our region. The market is not large enough though for 3 carriers, but it would be wonderful to have west jet here.

ha! In that case, perhaps the City of Prince Rupert could buy an airline? Makes sense, right? Kidding.

Anyway, Westjet’s business model depends on a full flights, right? I’m not sure it would make sense to serve Prince Rupert, Terrace, Smithers, etc. Would it make more sense to fly out of Terrace instead? Or perhaps fly from Vancouver - Prince Rupert - Terrace then back again?

If I were Westjet, I’d just buy out Hawkair.

[quote=“MiG”]

ha! In that case, perhaps the City of Prince Rupert could buy an airline? Makes sense, right? Kidding.

Anyway, Westjet’s business model depends on a full flights, right? I’m not sure it would make sense to serve Prince Rupert, Terrace, Smithers, etc. Would it make more sense to fly out of Terrace instead? Or perhaps fly from Vancouver - Prince Rupert - Terrace then back again?

If I were Westjet, I’d just buy out Hawkair.[/quote]

I thought that being that Hawk uses the main now, I thought they would form a partnership. Buying them out would make sense.

There’s no way that Rupert could support a 3rd airline… Terrace maybe, they have quite a few flights a day, but how full are those flights ?

I think westjet allready has an code sharing agreement with hawkair