Web Server Crashed and Burned

My “Howtoforge” Ubuntu - IspConfig box updated itself and Apache won’t even start anymore.
Guess I have to back-track and reinstall Apache-PHP5-ISPConfig (though I’m wondering why bother with that crappy control panel)
Should I
<sudo apt-get --purge remove apache2 >first or just rename the apache2 folder and install apache2?
Gonna do it by ssh while she watches crappy DVD “Lets go to Prison” if I can. Had to sit all cuddly and watch some period piece* DVD with her last nite.

• you know, those shitty movies where they’re all in fluffy 18th century clothes, speak ‘proper English’ and nobody can come out and say what they really mean or really feel? The ones you have to have a period to even stomach?

Herbie, I think you should have named this topic: “How my relationship will crash and burn if I don’t…” Mush is good!

O Lord that was an abominable movie!
K, I’m a wuss. You just don’t even think about pissing off a redhead.  :unamused:
I can fix the damn thing tomorrow…

just do this

iptables -A INPUT -s -j DROP

:smiley:

That’ll fix it for now :smile:

Now it’s the mailservers. 
sorbs.net has flagged my whole class C as DYNAMIC (DUHL) and anyone using them won’t accept mail from our server. It’s been a week since I requested they put in a ticket, as sorbs won’t accept one from me…
Today another service noticed our other server is on a server DSL and started blocking it too.
This is annoying.

Any option of hosting your mail server on a non-dsl line? 

It is a 10MB fibre connection, but a long time ago that Class C was used for dialups.
The one actually on a DSL is not affected by sorbs.net

Weird…  who classifies IPs as being dynamic or not?

I guess sorbs does, but is using outdated info. My emails to telus went unanswered, the calls to the serv rep in charge returned "out of office until Friday’, the backup rep did not return the message left either, and no one at the switchboard could identify or even acknowledge there was a person who looked after IP assignments.
Matter of fact, I got to explain to one how my ‘static’ DSL addresses were actually DHCP assigned to specific MAC addresses, which made ‘server DSLs’ show up as Dynamic so it could screw up mail servers on all my Telus cct’s. That was like 20 lightyears over the head of a “technician” (a qualification now assigned to anyone who can breathe).
I solved 80% of the problem by calling the IT guy at C.N.C. in Prince (turns out we met once when we both showed up at the same time to date the same girl… LOL) and he put our IPs into the whitelist.
I now have to look into how you make a whitelist for /etc/postfix/main.cf so I can do the same.
(as well as how to post and cook twice-cooked pork simultaneously)