Web page editor

Hi Folks,

I don’t know a lot about windows I prefer to use Linux. My daughter runs XP Pro on her computer. She is interested in web page design and knows the basics of writing html. She would like me to buy her a web page design program for her to use on her unit.
What would you recommend that I buy for her? What are some good MS web design programs?
Thank you for any and all replies.

hitest :smiley:

Textpad is where it’s at, download it free at www.textpad.com I think. Notepad is the same thing just without colour coding and tabs.
If she wants one of those WSIGJKASBKSBKBASKBS whatever editors, Dreamweaver is one of the only good ones out there I guess, but the most fundamental part is often the image editing software which will cost you $700 so I don’t think you’d want that. Adove Photoshop Elements might do the trick, though.

[quote=“SteveDVS”]Textpad is where it’s at, download it free at www.textpad.com I think. Notepad is the same thing just without colour coding and tabs.
If she wants one of those WSIGJKASBKSBKBASKBS whatever editors, Dreamweaver is one of the only good ones out there I guess, but the most fundamental part is often the image editing software which will cost you $700 so I don’t think you’d want that. Adove Photoshop Elements might do the trick, though.[/quote]

Thank you, she’s got a good image editing program, Paint Shop Pro version X. I’ll go check out Dreamweaver.
I appreciate the reply! :smiley:

Thanks for the tip about Textpad, that’s a nifty little editor! :smiley:

Textpad / DW is what i use. :smile: Textpad being the first id use tho.

I use bluefish

Thanks guys, I’ll also go check out bluefish. :smiley:

Edit: added later…thanks for the tip about bluefish it looks cool. I use Quanta Plus for Linux, but, will take a look at bluefish.
But, I need a windows editor as my kid runs winders XP Pro:-)