We can’t handle the truth? Ottawa environmental edition

It’s not clear if they’re just putting it on the bottom of the inbox pile, or digging a hole in the backyard and burying the evidence, but regardless Skeena-Bulkley Valley MP Nathan Cullen is suggesting that the federal government is doing its best to keep a climate change report from the eyes and ears of the Canadian public.

Cullen explained for the Daily News his concerns about the moves of the Federal government who he believes were playing down the findings of their own commissioned report…

( from  the blog a town called podunk,  click on the link below to see the entire article atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 2897  )-

What? The government withholding  information from the public? That doesnt happen does it? Cullen has lost his mind, he is obviously a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

I keep my hat on.
It’s shiny and pointed.

And makes a whistling sound while I walk.  :smiley:

Happens all the time.  But a typical paranoid conspiracy theorist will take a fact and extrapolate that because X happens here, then X must have happened somewhere else.  Bad logic.

I mean the government doesn’t want to publicize a report that makes it look bad.  That’s pretty standard operating procedure.  Especially for a government thinking about calling an election.

It’s a fault of logic to say that the government has proof that Scientologists are behind the rise in price of oil, and there’s proof, but the government won’t release it.  You can’t disprove a negative, remember. 

Of course using this as proof of any conspiracy falls flat on its face when you realize that the government did release the report.  They just didn’t make a big deal of it.  It’s on their website.

adaptation.nrcan.gc.ca/assess/2007/index_e.php

If you read the thing, you’d realize the complaint is that they are ignoring their own report, not that they are hiding it.

But hey, don’t let facts and logic cloud your pseudo-religious thinking.

A competent conspiracy theorist will read an article before commenting on it. 

That way they will avoid the embarrassment of pointing out that the government is hiding a report, when in reality the article talks about how they’re ignoring the published report.

They also won’t take evidence that blows a gigantic hole in their theories and completely ignore it.

Sadly, some probably would.

They’d just say something like “that’s what they want you to think.” 

Well congrats to Nathan for mentioning the report. No one else seemed to notice.

THEY do! That’s a given condition of being a THEM.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
Well congrats to Nathan for mentioning the report. No one else seemed to notice.[/quote]

Well, that’s probably because it’s his job.  He’s the NDP’s environment critic, isn’t he?

Yeah I guess, and unlike the Official Opposition he’s doing his job…

The Tyee’s picked up the story:
tinyurl.com/2grgr7

Cullen will have my vote.  He’s doing a good job. :smile:

How many of you are scared to click the link in case you’re rickrolled??? :smiley: :smiley:

me me lol

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
The Tyee’s picked up the story:
tinyurl.com/2grgr7[/quote]

That’s not the tyee.

True, tinyurl is the target of their link, under today’s Elswhere links…

Shouldn’t need a link to The Tyee, that should be Bookmarked.

thetyee.ca/Views/2008/03/24/BigRidings/

Rafe Mare has a piece of interest to everyone Beyond Hope, too.

LMAO…yeah, I hesitated for a moment, but, clicked anyway. :smiley: