Wanted

Wanted: Readers, articles, photos - especially of your pets

Here’s my Blog
princerupert-insidethecity.com/blog.htm

I didn’t spend a whole lotta time on your blog, but this I did notice.  “Love and Light may cause you to vomit” 

Such a sad state we have isn’t it.  When those that wish you well are ridiculed.  We are about companionship, sharing, loving, being human, caring about each other, anything else is self absorbed nonsence.

Pet your pet, kick your kid, where is love and light in that realm?

Although our society wishes to keep us denegrating each other, I find it so much more rewarding to support and love each other.

Love and Light.

Moon and Merv

No offence intended Merv,

But… I’ve been studying the paranormal for some time now and the New Age love and light community really does make me want to vomit. It’s all about ‘intentions’ and when people offer ‘healing’ which I might ad, at quite the expense… it’s a turn off.

I just think it’s time to ‘get real’ about our world and what we all need to do to contribute to make changes…  I can’t see that sending anyone love and light has or will accomplish much of anything.

We need to take real action.

Wow

What happened to all the posts - there were 16 last time I looked?
Now I only see 2 replies.

So let me say again

I think love and light are extremes,
like hate and darkness.

Balance would be a good thing, I think.

I’m against the phrase itself, but not against the people who use it.

All the power to you papamerv and moon…
may you revel in love and light all you like

… it’s just not my thing.

so I’ll end this with…
Peace and Authenticity

:confused:a little confused here about what happened to all the posts - anyone know???

Ok

I see the threads were moved to Science or Quackery

???

… and papamerv puking over Authenticity

Ok… I get it :unamused:

Just put it in your signature, and people will click on it when they’re interested. 

okey dokey, I’ll do that - thank you

Are threads usually broken up like this on this forum?

Why weren’t ALL posts moved to Science or Quackery?

When a thread is suddenly broken up like this, it loses its integrity and yes, authenticity.

I think that all the posts that were originally here - should still be here… or…

Close out this thread completely and put ALL original posts together at ‘Science or Quackery’ or where ever you want to put them - together in tact.

freeflyer,  I split the topic.  This topic was started by you and, in theory, people should comment about your blog- Do they like it? Do they want to join?  How you can improve it?

However, the slant taken was more about pseudo-science New Age stuff than about your blog.
Although it isn’t always the case, moderators often split a topic if they feel that the original topic is not the main topic anymore.  After I posted a reply, I decided that your original thread should stay about your blog and that the off-topic discussion should be in another thread.

It’s just part of forum maintenance. 

My blog IS about pseudo-science, that’s why merv replied the way he did. The links on my blog cover the very topics that pseudo-science is involved with - as well as some New Age philosophies (some of which I agree with) - bar the love and light thingy.

My first commentary is about my website but it’s a Blog, and that will change, and anyone who notices my links can tell that my interests are exactly what merv responded to. His responce was because of my Blog.

Ok - this is getting too weird

Now Science or Quackery has disappeared :confused:

May I ask why ‘Science or Quackery’ was removed?

It was just getting good

I think you’re confusing the “general” forum with the “prince rupert” forum.

The science and quake-ery thread is still there, in the general forum:

hackingthemainframe.com/smf/inde … 485.0.html

Alrighty then

I think I’m finding this forum a little too confusing. :confused:

Nice chatting with you all.

Better leave while I’m ahead.

Peace :smiley:

sorry mig i did not take the time to read the update posts well i was writing my post i have re-posted it to the proper area so if it needs to be it can be deleated but it’s up to you.  :smile:

quote from freeflyer

…No offence intended Merv,

But… I’ve been studying the paranormal for some time now and the New Age love and light community really does make me want to vomit. It’s all about ‘intentions’ and when people offer ‘healing’ which I might ad, at quite the expense… it’s a turn off.

I just think it’s time to ‘get real’ about our world and what we all need to do to contribute to make changes…  I can’t see that sending anyone love and light has or will accomplish much of anything.

We need to take real action…   

quote from wikipedia

An agent’s intention in performing an action is their specific purpose in doing so, the end or goal they aim at, or intend to accomplish. Whether an action is successful or unsuccessful depends at least on whether the intended result was brought about. Other consequences of someone’s acting are called unintentional. Intentional behavior can also be just thoughtful and deliberate goal-directedness.

• In the philosophy of mind, intentionality is the property of being “about” something else, or to have some subject matter, in a certain way. Many states of mind, such as thinking about the pyramids, are characteristically about things (in this case the pyramids). Other things, such as words and paintings, can also have kinds of intentionality. Rocks and tables, in general, do not have intentional states.

* An intension (with an s, but easily mistaken for intention with a t) is an aspect of the meaning of an expression. It is meant to contrast with extension.

…It’s all about ‘intentions’ and when people offer ‘healing’ which I might ad, at quite the
expense… it’s a turn off…

hey i have some laser eye healing (surgery) only $2300.00 but some would still pay for this why? should it be free? does it make it anyless of a medical service if it’s what the person or persons wants? just because you me i we do not see it as a valid medical service does not make it less so, unless by its use does it prove to be harmful to the people it trys to heal.

i think both of you make valid points but are in essence talking about the same thing from different points of view. just because someone is not out planting trees doe not mean they hate the forest! we all play the parts that we can play some are leading roles and some are just bit parts in the grand movie called life, but without either one the roles just look stupid and incomplete.

so love and light,happy trails,good evening, peace be with you, Sheqet  or Shalwah

“so love and light,happy trails,good evening, peace be with you, Sheqet  or Shalwah”

Hey I’m back again

Punisher, your post will probably be removed from here. Your not supposed to talk about love and light in this area (read about it above). Instead go to:

hackingthemainframe.com/smf/inde … 485.0.html

Love the ‘happy trails’

Sheqet or Shalwah???