Wantage Road Garbage

A Friend Of Mine was JUST out their Today And To The Surprise, LOOK at what SOMEONE had the NERVE to do!!! This is a Disgrace, and Is Completely UN Called For!!! IF you have a Vehicle that can Go out that Road, Then TAKE the Crap to The Dump, Don’t be Cheap, Holly JEEEEZ!!! what are we suppose to ENJOY in the TOWN!!! My BF is New to this town and is From Nova Scotia, and He see’s Crap like this, What the HECK am I suppose to say!!! This Is CRAZY!! and I am Sad To see this!!!

Definitely sucks to see…

… is that an Xbox in the bottom right corner though?

Yea, Looks’ to be

Nothing ever changes, does it? I don’t get why people consider Wantage Road to be their dumping ground. I once saw a truck up at the top of the mountain with a fridge on board and when that truck went down the hill there was no longer a fridge. Seems to me that would cost far more than $20 in gas to get it to the top of Mt. Hays than it would to take it to recycle and pay the recycle fee. People have been debating about what to do on Wantage since forever and yet no solutions have been implemented and people continue to dump there. Just have a look at the vintage wrecks that have gone over the edge as you walk up that first 45 minutes. Look at all the carcasses people dump along Wantage when it’s a highly used recreational area. Surely if you are going to dump you can find someplace that causes less harm. Better yet - why not go to the Dump with the free tipping token. Or to recycle.

Find something in this mess with name and address etc. and I am pretty sure they can be charged, and / or fined?

Perhaps someone could find an envelop under the garbage and then write a song.

2:00 8:00

Oh this makes me so mad. I see this All the time and it makes me sick . Some ppl like to 4x4 and a$$&@!3$ like that dumping garbage ruin the experience. Forewarning I catch anyone dumping out there, your gone eat whatever u dumped then ur gonna walk home naked.
Ppl think they can dump there because it’s the old dump. This… Is not right!!! Ppl walk their dogs down there every day off leash and your crummy garbage is usually disgusting things like diapers and old fish. That stuff makes our best friends (dog) sick. Then what? Thnx for the vet bill and the sick dog. By the way to whoever that was thnx for ruining the view out there And u better hope nothing has ur name on it cuz me being the awesome guy I am I’m gonna go clean it up. While I’m cleaning I’ll keep my eyes open.

Take care all.

Old habits die hard. Wantage RD was after all a garbage dump in the not to distant past. I’m not saying I agree with dumping garbage there but this is a direct result of the city charging to dispose of your garbage. Perhaps the city should have thought that policy through a little more.

[quote=“jesus”]

Old habits die hard. Wantage RD was after all a garbage dump in the not to distant past. I’m not saying I agree with dumping garbage there but this is a direct result of the city charging to dispose of your garbage. Perhaps the city should have thought that policy through a little more.[/quote]

NO … I disagree … this is a useless lazy piece of crap who has no respect for others or thier own surroundings.
I hope you find a name to that tune in the garbage DWhite …

[quote=“My2cents”]

Old habits die hard. Wantage RD was after all a garbage dump in the not to distant past. I’m not saying I agree with dumping garbage there but this is a direct result of the city charging to dispose of your garbage. Perhaps the city should have thought that policy through a little more.
NO … I disagree … this is a useless lazy piece of crap who has no respect for others or thier own surroundings.
I hope you find a name to that tune in the garbage DWhite …[/quote]

I’m not disagreeing with you here but the city does bear some responsibility for illegal dumping. One of the highest taxed populations and you still have to pay for garbage drop off? really.

The fees at the dump are no excuse for littering. Not even a little bit.

If you don’t want to put it at the curb, or don’t have the opportunity to do so, figure out an alternative–especially considering that the majority of that ‘garbage’ would have been recyclable for no fee at all before it was rained on.

[quote=“eccentric”]The fees at the dump are no excuse for littering. Not even a little bit.

If you don’t want to put it at the curb, or don’t have the opportunity to do so, figure out an alternative–especially considering that the majority of that ‘garbage’ would have been recyclable for no fee at all before it was rained on.[/quote]

I’m not saying its an excuse but whether you want to ignore it or not the fees ARE part of the reason people choose to illegally dump. Christ you people are thick headed.

Fees are part life and most people pay them These who dump down on Wantage road probably could afford to pay these fees, they just choose not to. You would hope that there would be something to identify who these cheap lazy bastards are, they are as bad as dog owners who are too lazy to pick up after their pets, plus the ones that can’t put their garbage in cans.

my point is that fees are in fact not part of life in other municipalities with lower taxation, like terrace.

heh heh…okay, were thick headed but we get it

terrace has a free dump because they have a dump . we have a landfill there is a difference . paying to dump garbage is not an excuse to litter. so when gas gets too expense you gonna just steal it? its garbage there is ways to reduce it . look at how much cardboard and paper is there 95% of that stuff is recyclable the 360 included . get your head out of your ass for once jesus your not always right . you are entitled to your opinon of course but this time its the wrong one . wow you lead a pretty negative view on life .

I burn my cardboard for heat and would pay to take my garbage to the dump if I had to… but I dont its free and I pay less taxes to boot. I’m pretty sure you’re the one suffering from a cranial rectal inversion not myself but I have made mistakes before. I simply pointed out SOME people (Not me) feel they should not have to pay to dump garbage and instead do what you see in the picture above and the city and citizens shouldnt be surprised that this happens. Also my life is grand I have an awesome family and lead a very happy life.

cranial rectal inversion alrighty then lol. the city is not to blame for being lazy. im sorry if i find it really hard to find u ever saying anything positive unless its after somebody pointing it out to you

First,tell him that sometimes there are inconsiderate people around who don’t care about their environment or other people. Let him know that this is not OK and that littering is wrong, then reassure him that not all people are like that. A good pat on the head should seal the deal;)

Just whisper three little words to him, he won’t say a word.

Sydney Tar Ponds

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Tar_Ponds