Wal-Mart to be two floors at Rupert Square?

According to this article from Western Investor - WalMart will be taking up two floors at the Rupert Square Mall.

westerninvestor.com/index.ph … in-waiting

“At Rupert Square, the city’s flagship mall, Wal-Mart has taken over the former Zeller’s space and will take an extra floor when it opens later this year. Mall managers, which will see the exit of the Fields’ store this fall, are offering lease rates from $9 triple net.”

Interesting…

LOL@ Walmart taking 2 floors that article is just good feed for the rumour mills…

I agree, its quite hilarious…I wonder if one of those realtors told the WI that was happening.

That’s a bunch of bull crap…also notice the date of the article was March 12. Walmart won’t occupy 2 floors. I like the idea of a Sport Chek. Tho that won’t be good news for Farwest.

FarWest has been ripping people off for many years, I hope we get Sports Chek… Gordon Kodza like most real estate agents are great at peddeling bullshit to try and sell the over priced priced trash real estate in this community… While some prices are still low, the home owners are stuck with very high property tax… I along with many am so tired of all the hype over growth as I see my friends continue to leave for work elsewhere.

[quote=“jamesbrown”]

FarWest has been ripping people off for many years, I hope we get Sports Chek… Gordon Kodza like most real estate agents are great at peddeling bullshit to try and sell the over priced priced trash real estate in this community… While some prices are still low, the home owners are stuck with very high property tax… I along with many am so tired of all the hype over growth as I see my friends continue to leave for work elsewhere.[/quote]

While I agree some are still leaving town to find work…there are also quite a few people who have come back, I personally know over a dozen people who have returned and found work…I don’t know anyone who is currently unemployed in this city to be honest…everyone I know is working and has a job.

[quote=“bthedog”]

FarWest has been ripping people off for many years, I hope we get Sports Chek… Gordon Kodza like most real estate agents are great at peddeling bullshit to try and sell the over priced priced trash real estate in this community… While some prices are still low, the home owners are stuck with very high property tax… I along with many am so tired of all the hype over growth as I see my friends continue to leave for work elsewhere.

While I agree some are still leaving town to find work…there are also quite a few people who have come back, I personally know over a dozen people who have returned and found work…I don’t know anyone who is currently unemployed in this city to be honest…everyone I know is working and has a job.[/quote]

Happy to hear that your experience is good, depends on the line of work I guess… Some of the war time houses are disgusting that they are trying to sell.

I also agree with a poster on another post that no house in Rupert is worth a half a million…

The second storey is there already, at the rear of the recently departed retail outlet. It is offices etc. The configuration will change a bit for code upgrades, that Wallmart has initiated on theur own.

I forgot about that upper floor, but how do you make it wheel chair accessible? It will be interesting to see what the floor layout will be compared to other Walmarts.

They do make escalators that accommodate wheel chairs…perhaps they will do that…like how the bay operates their double floor stores

The 2 floors = sales floor, and upper floor with stock room, and office space… just like Zellers!

The Zellers upper floor wasn’t wheel-chair accessible either, unless someone used the elevator in the stock room (if that was even possible for non-employees.)

In this day and age the 2nd floor has to be accessible to wheelchairs and anyone else that can’t use stairs. What ever they decide to do it should be interesting compared to other Walmarts.

Upper level of Zellers is big enough to accommodate another Retail floor? wow

I will still be office etc. up there, just upgraded for fire rating and the stairs will be reconfigured.