Vigil to Remember those we have Lost

This was posted on Facebook by Diana Oliveira:

Dear people of Prince Rupert, I will be getting a group of our community together at Oliver Lake for a highway 16 vigil tomorrow at 8pm (Jan 9th). People can do speeches and remember to bring candles and flowers. Its time we get share our love for those we’ve lost and remember them together as a community. To the families of those we’ve lost: I am posting this call for togetherness in complete respect of you and feelings that no one but yourselves can understand. Let us gather and reflect on those we are all missing in our small and connected town. Thankyou

Great idea, but why Oliver lake? Why not somewhere that is easily accessible to everyone who wants to go. What about parking? I know its a long the highway but not really a good spot.

Agreed. Oliver Lake is way to far for some individuals. Love the idea of the gathering. How about Charles Hays?

Kinda difficult to change things now, since I don’t think the OP is the actual organizer.

How about mariners park ?

ill try and be a little more new wave htmf here as my last post got punted to the wasteland.

the vigil is at oliver.

you wanna start your own im sure you would have people show up.

if you dont want to attend oliver please stay home. BUT dont be debbie downer and cast a negative light over the vigil at oliver.

[quote=“mcsash”]ill try and be a little more new wave htmf here as my last post got punted to the wasteland.

the vigil is at oliver.

you wanna start your own im sure you would have people show up.

if you dont want to attend oliver please stay home. BUT dont be debbie downer and cast a negative light over the vigil at oliver.[/quote]

Mcsash nobody is casting a negative light on the vigil. I was just saying more people would probably like to be part of this, but the location is not as easily accessible for some. Your the one creating drama where there is none.

I was unable to attend this, just wondering if anyone on “hacking” was able to go and how was the turnout? Any plans for something in town?