View publisher trying too hard

Re: thenorthernview.com/opinion/181198801.html

What does the headline, “Prince Rupert rants and raves” have to do with the column?? It seems Todd just likes to insult Rupertites at every opportunity, real or imagined. I guess he thinks that being provocative, just for the sake of it, makes him look smart and edgy.

Maybe some punctuation in the headline would help.

Maybe chasing down real news stories would help too. Not a peep about the Bill Belsey e-mail scandal.

[quote=“drummerboy”]

What does the headline, “Prince Rupert rants and raves” have to do with the column?? It seems Todd just likes to insult Rupertites at every opportunity, real or imagined. I guess he thinks that being provocative, just for the sake of it, makes him look smart and edgy.[/quote]

Possibly. Or it might be about him and his dog finding better accommodation:

“No sooner than the Prince Rupert Northern View hit the street last Wednesday, a few landlords decided an employed, responsible tenant with a dog may not be a bad thing. In response to my column last week, no less than six landlords called me up to offer their homes for rent. One other said he would be happy to evict his current tenants — if he could meet my dog first. Looks like I won’t be homeless after all.”

Actually,

in my opinion,

this is the best the paper has been in 12 years. It actually looks like a small town paper, is much better organized and is actually interesting to read. Who says they have to breed controversy with every article. Isn’t that what this site is for?

[quote=“Smurfette”]

[quote=“drummerboy”]

What does the headline, “Prince Rupert rants and raves” have to do with the column?? It seems Todd just likes to insult Rupertites at every opportunity, real or imagined. I guess he thinks that being provocative, just for the sake of it, makes him look smart and edgy.[/quote]

Possibly. Or it might be about him and his dog finding better accommodation:

“No sooner than the Prince Rupert Northern View hit the street last Wednesday, a few landlords decided an employed, responsible tenant with a dog may not be a bad thing. In response to my column last week, no less than six landlords called me up to offer their homes for rent. One other said he would be happy to evict his current tenants — if he could meet my dog first. Looks like I won’t be homeless after all.”[/quote]

LOL, no but seemingly someone else would be homeless in his stead, bizarre thing to put in an article. I’m OK, them other folks not so much.

My point exactly. Yet, every one of the publisher’s columns haver taken pot shots at some aspect of the community.

Should change the heading of this topic. The guy you are discussing is NOT the publisher of the paper but rather the editor. Big Difference.

Considering the poor punctuation and worse grammar I think calling him an
editor is questionable.
The composition of the piece won’t win any prizes either.

Uh, er, ooops you’re wrong.

thenorthernview.com/news/176823201.html

I am indeed wrong!

[quote=“Beanaround”]Actually,

in my opinion,

this is the best the paper has been in 12 years. It actually looks like a small town paper, is much better organized and is actually interesting to read. Who says they have to breed controversy with every article. Isn’t that what this site is for?[/quote]

It would be nice if the paper was actually delivered. We’ve complained before but alas, still have to go find it dumped in the bushes somewhere.

[quote=“kbrentzen”]

[quote=“Beanaround”]Actually,

in my opinion,

this is the best the paper has been in 12 years. It actually looks like a small town paper, is much better organized and is actually interesting to read. Who says they have to breed controversy with every article. Isn’t that what this site is for?[/quote]

It would be nice if the paper was actually delivered. We’ve complained before but alas, still have to go find it dumped in the bushes somewhere.[/quote]

Time for the paper boy/girl to be fired then.

Maybe not

thenorthernview.com/opinion/190903231.html