Video Card Temperatures

I have been so stressing about my video card, I just installed a 9800 GT and I was thinking it I had to RMA it because the Temps were from 70-80 degrees celcius during games.

so I did some research on NCIX and found out that EVGA apparently sets their video cards fan speed to about 25% the max fan speed.

so I used Rivatuner to set the fixed fan speed to 100% and wow, 40-50 degrees celcius during hardcore gaming. that’s a big improvement for me :smile:

[attachments over a year old automatically deleted]

when you were playing hot, did you have problems with the games you were playing?

I have the 8800 GT and have always found it to be really hot.  Never had any problems though. 

nope not problems with any of the games, I found out it was actually the g92 GPU that runs really hot, so I’m relieved that my video card isn’t broken :stuck_out_tongue:

I know for a fact also, because another person in my family has an identical card and he receives similar temperatures.

I think after the 8xxx series they just run really hot, because of the advanced technologies. so that’s why they make such big dual slot cooling solutions for the cards :smile:

my fan ran at 30% out of the box, played crysis, farcry2 cod waw beta and cod4 all either max settings or all high settings, it had temps of about 65-75 celcius too, after using riva tuner to set the fan to 100% during games it doens’t go above 50 now.  I also have a 9800gt from BFG

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]
I have been so stressing about my video card, I just installed a 9800 GT and I was thinking it I had to RMA it because the Temps were from 70-80 degrees celcius during games.

so I did some research on NCIX and found out that EVGA apparently sets their video cards fan speed to about 25% the max fan speed.

so I used Rivatuner to set the fixed fan speed to 100% and wow, 40-50 degrees celcius during hardcore gaming. that’s a big improvement for me :smile:

how did you change just the fan settings on the vid card and how do i set it on high just  for gaming[/quote]

and even 25 % is prety low but i dont need to set the fans at 100 % maybe
just 50 - 70 %

i got this riva tuner 224c and i have an alienware mx 17  with a  Nvidia gtx 260M video card its a hybrid with the 9400M G  does anyone know how to make the video card fan ho to a higher setting when playing certain games so its not 90 degrees Celsius

EVGA Precision 1.9.1

EVGA, once again, sets itself apart from the rest with the EVGA Exclusive Precision Overclocking Utility. This program allows you to fine tune your EVGA graphics card for the maximum performance possible, with Core/Shader/Memory clock tuning, real time monitoring support including in-game, Logitech Keyboard LCD Display support, and compatibility with almost all EVGA graphics cards. You might try that out , that’s what i am using on my NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800 GT … nice program lets you know when there is new version out which a plus i guess .

My bad … evga.com/precision/Default.asp … hope it helps .

it works for the clocking but it wont let me turn off auto mode and adjust the fans

click on auto than you can increase fan speed , than click on apply & apply at windows start up … you fan speed for your video card will stay at 100 % … the wrench icon on evga precision click on it start minimized & start with windows … hope it helps .

Heat synchs are where it’s at… :unamused:

I think you meant sink.

We are sinking!

Lol I like that commercial, it’s a classic.  gtx 260 is a really nice card, I used to have one last year.

currently i’m running on a xfx ati radeon hd5770 1gb and the fan speed on it was only set to 30% after playing mw2 for a good half hour or so on the weekend my computer froze and I had to restart it.

I used ati overdrive and set the fan to 60% and the temps haven’t gone above 60c since, I hover around 45c-55c while playing games, and 33c while just at the desktop. 

yeah my gt 260 is in a alienware mx 17 laptop and no matter what i do it wont let me change the fan speed, but  it also says it might not support hybrid graphics .

Is there another way i can make the fan ramp up speed a bit earlier  and try to get the temps on that card down to 45 c idle and 65 c gaming ?

yeah i got the msi afterburner but theres no fan settings at all not even in the prgrams settings itself 

does anyone know much about  vid card temps is it ok that my gtx260m is running at 60 then up to 70 playing most new games somtimes it even up to 90 c  playing gta 4

hey, I didn’t see the other post, I thought it was a desk top pc, being a lap top they tend to get hot.

what you can do is go to either data boy or the source and get a laptop cooler, I got one for my aunty’s laptop with two 80mm fans blowing cool air on the bottom of the laptop and it helped with her temps.

it’s an old lap top and got hot during regular use.  but I’m sure it might help with your problem too, a friend of mine used to wrap two ice packs up in dish towels and put them under his lap top when he played games.

when he played games on his it would shut down before it did any damage from over heating.  I wouldn’t recommend the ice packs though, the coolers are good, they use usb to power them.  check it out, it might help you.

yeah i got one on order but i figured out that most of my problem was corrupt video drivers and a bad bios update lol  everythings good now thanks all  :smiley: