Vhs to dvd

What’s the most efficient way to copy from vhs to dvd? There’s a movie I’d like to convert, as it has yet to be released on dvd.

All in wonder card. and an encoding program.

If you look hard enough… chances are someone else has beat you to it and you can download it instead.

If you have VCR, I can make a DVD out of it :wink: I don’t have a VHS VCR. But I can take normal inputs and make a DVD from them.

i actually don’t have a vcr. or a tv for that matter.

i’ve looked and looked, but it’s a rather obscure title.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113537/

Is that due to continually having to replace your cameras??

[quote=“Tootz”]

Is that due to continually having to replace your cameras??[/quote]

Nah. Although I do spend a lot on camera equipment, not having a TV has been a conscious effort. I do like watching the occasional movie, and having a TV would be good for that, but every time I’ve lived with one I’ve wasting too much time staring mindlessly into it. There’s too much else to do!

Yet you have a movie on VHS?

Didn’t you read the “system requirements: TV, VCR” on the side of the tape box?

w/o getting into a ‘buy a mac thing’, what’s the best PC video card & software for converting VHS to DVD? Like real ancient stuff pre-SVHS inputs…?

The first response in this thread – just get a video card with inputs (like the ATI all-in-wonder), or get a DVD recorder/VHS combo.

Someone wanna come hook up my all-in-wonder so I can actually use it the way it was meant to be used? I’ve had this computer for almost 4 years now and I’ve never even had cable or a vcr hooked up to it, and all the cables and plugs are all sitting pretty in the bag.

On another note, now I want to watch that movie too. Hook me up when you get it copied hoshq.

All the ATI cards I know have S-VHS, except for a really old 4 mb one in my junkpile. Last software I played with was era “Video-Toaster”.
Is anyone on htmf really into desktop video?

Dude that was funny. :laughing:

[quote=“MiG”]

Yet you have a movie on VHS?

Didn’t you read the “system requirements: TV, VCR” on the side of the tape box?[/quote]

hence the reason why i want to convert it, so i don’t have to buy these otherwise needless things.

Jackal? Jackal. It’s a jackal!

edge loading VCR w IDE interface fits 5 1/4" slot?
:laughing: :laughing:
had a gizmo for backing up my HDD to VHS once… sounds semi-retarded in 2004!

[quote=“Tootz”]

Is that due to continually having to replace your cameras??[/quote]

hoshq.com/2004_12_01_archive.html