Vancouver Canucks

It seems, by pictures posted on Facebook, that the majority of people who had tickets are
somewhat prominent in the community and have the means to travel to Vancouver to see
the Canucks.
The tickets should have been offered to reputable community based organizations who work
with children, youth and families who have fewer opportunities.(no funds for travel or entertainment)

[quote=“Piknic”]

It seems, by pictures posted on Facebook, that the majority of people who had tickets are
somewhat prominent in the community and have the means to travel to Vancouver to see
the Canucks.
The tickets should have been offered to reputable community based organizations who work
with children, youth and families who have fewer opportunities.(no funds for travel or entertainment)[/quote]

Agreed

I saw a post on Facebook about the Friendship House getting tickets for the youth in their programs.

Having lived on Haida Gwaii for a number of years, this event will be shared by all who live in all the communities there. This event will be just as large or even larger then the one here. The people on Haida Gwaii know what it means to be an inclusive community.

i think the best way to do the event would’ve been to make it all inclusive at $25 a ticket and roll thru the players get your autographs in a certain amount of time and all proceeds going to a local charity . it was largely regulated thru cfnr and anyone who works regular hours can not sit on the phone thru the day trying to get tickets to the event, i know there was tix given out thru minor hockey and friendship house and native communities , but doing it as a non exclusive paid event going to charity works best . just like other other events where u go to collectible card event events for signings .

tried and true best method … but canucks ownerships didn’t care about communities best interest because they were here to look into lng as well . if you u know aquilino his money isn’t just in hockey

Sure, hand out tickets for a VIP thing, that’s fine. But let the general public see them too, and get autographs etc. Other than just outside the damned hotel. They were here all night, they had plenty of time. CFNR used it as a publicity stunt for their own gain, and it was not fair.

Sure it would have been nice for more to get to see the players. I didn’t get into see them but I did get pics. I’m just happy they actually came to our little town. They didn’t have to come. They’re an awful lot of jealous Canuck fans in other communities that would have loved the opportunity to see these players.

It wasn’t the Canucks who stopped people from getting to see them, it was CFNR. I am happy the Canucks came too. But CFNR didn’t have to turn it into a publicity stunt.

trust me it wasnt a publicity stunt for cfnr . aquilino has interests in lng . thats why hes interested in the north.

You lost me. How are the two related?

newswire.ca/en/story/1042601 … -announced

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

You lost me. How are the two related?[/quote]

In Rupert, almost everything here make no sense.

And Green Bastard… go make a new thread about that.

As Decker posted about how the two are related, think of this. How do you get the people in a region to agree to allow you to do what you want to do? Grease some palms, and send the ambassadors that most of the people affected love, mask it as a pr stunt and get a little benefit for the ambassadors. You cant tell me that the canucks cant go fishing on Vancouver Island for the same quality of fish they will get at Langara Lodge

Wow.

Anyway, go make a new thread about it.

are you on molly?..or mollys ugly sister beatrice?..green besterd…go to bed.

[quote=“Astro”]

Having lived on Haida Gwaii for a number of years, this event will be shared by all who live in all the communities there. This event will be just as large or even larger then the one here. The people on Haida Gwaii know what it means to be an inclusive community.[/quote]

Your ignorance is enormous. This event wasn’t organized by “the people” of Prince Rupert. It was organized by the Canucks and their partners. And the Rupert event was meant to involve other communities in the northwest and surrounding villages so it had to be a ticketed event. With much less people, it’s easier to throw it open on Haida Gwaii. And you can bet the Canucks had a firm handle on the agenda.

Sorry, my Foil hat is at the drycleaners right now. Not buying it.

[quote=“drummerboy”]

um sorry to disappoint you but the event in Masset was 3 to 4 sizes bigger and open to everyone. the photos I’m seeing are amazing something that rupert should take not on as Masset made this event great with all community members welcome.