US puts Keystone Oil sands pipeline into limbo

The US government took steps today that will delay a final ruling on the controversial Keystone Pipeline until after the 2012 election

business.financialpost.com/2011/ … te-source/

theglobeandmail.com/globe-in … le2232833/

Up next on the to do list, that pesky Canada vs. US ports question?

[quote=“DarcyMcGee”]The US government took steps today that will delay a final ruling on the controversial Keystone Pipeline until after the 2012 election
Up next on the to do list, that pesky Canada vs. US ports question?[/quote]

So any bets on how this will increase pressure to accept the Enbridge Pipeline?

I wouldn’t bet against…
Alberta needs a new outlet for that oil and I’ve always feared they’d ram thru Enbridge under some National Security act.
There’s also the Peter Lougheed option to refine the stuff in Alberta and send gasoline through the Keystone pipe, jobs here and less potential damage from any problem.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]I wouldn’t bet against…
Alberta needs a new outlet for that oil and I’ve always feared they’d ram thru Enbridge under some National Security act.
There’s also the Peter Lougheed option to refine the stuff in Alberta and send gasoline through the Keystone pipe, jobs here and less potential damage from any problem.[/quote]

True but refining the stuff here in Canada does not meet the needs of the multinational oil companies who have refinery capacity on the gulf in jurisdictions that have broken the backs of unions.

The freedom to work more hours for less pay is very important to them, so long as they can pack an Uzzi to McDonalds. They’re not like us communist pinkos who worry about entitlements like unemployment, worker’s comp and pensions.

[quote=“Speakuppr”]

[quote=“DarcyMcGee”]The US government took steps today that will delay a final ruling on the controversial Keystone Pipeline until after the 2012 election
Up next on the to do list, that pesky Canada vs. US ports question?[/quote]

So any bets on how this will increase pressure to accept the Enbridge Pipeline?[/quote]

No bet, just the facts

theglobeandmail.com/news/pol … le2233894/

[quote=“Smurfette”]

So any bets on how this will increase pressure to accept the Enbridge Pipeline?

No bet, just the facts

theglobeandmail.com/news/pol … le2233894/[/quote]

Another brick in the wall…I guess it’s ok for multinational oil companies and Harper to Hijack Democracy but not the citizens of B.C.

cbc.ca/news/business/story/2 … rings.html

Recommend this book to anyone who wants to know what we are up against … The Tyranny of Oil by Antonia Juhasz bushagenda.net/article.php?list=type&type=44

There is, however, a way we can turn all this to our advantage: