Unfair Labour Practice Complaint against PRRH

IUOE 882 wins unfair labour practice complaint against the Northern Heath Authority (Prince Rupert Regional Hopsital)

A wonderful read on how Northern Health managers & HR reps eliminated IUOE members so it didn’t have to deal with 30+ greivences, and how the NHA tried to cover it all up with some Bull Sh*t about equipment upgrades. After reading the decision from LRB, I know I felt all management parites clearly mentioned in the decision should be fired. What do you think? Do we want people like this in a public position, wasting tax payer dollars on flights, hotels, lawyers,meals, etc on trying to cover up the truth? Check out the hearing dates (Jan.16-20, Jun.1,6, Aug.1, Sept.5,12 & 20th) That’s a lot of trips to Vancouver to attend all at the expence of the tax payer. How do these managers sleep at night, knowing what they have done and at what cost to the individuals and their families who were displaced? NHA even had plans on how to prevent the individuals from bidding into other jobs or back into their job… wow, that’s some serious dirty pool. I’m curious to see in the end how much this is going to cost the tax payer. There must be a settlement also coming for the individuals displaced. Funny how the government says there is no money available for the new collective agreement, but Northern Health manages to blow tax dollars on crap like this. Once again a sign of no accountability. Just watch the management team involved in this will get a promotion and a pay increase, when in reality they should all be fired for wasting tax payer dollars! It will be very interesting to see how the upper NHA management deals with this, my guess they will try and sweep it under the carpet, when in reality they should do the right thing, by removing all the managers & HR reps involved and start fresh before these individuals continue to taint Northern’s Health’s “Northern Way of Caring”

copy the url below to bring you to the Labour Relations Board web site

lrb.bc.ca/decisions/B233$2012.pdf

or

Visit Labour Relations Board web site, click on “Decisions” on the left side of their page, then click “Numeric Decision Index” at the top, then scroll dow to Oct.31/2012 “B233/2012”

Maybe I’ve missed it but has any of the local media looked into this? It’s certainly a story.

Great read, no matter your political slant.
This would make an interesting CBC movie,
The story is enough but once you add the characters; pure Canadian gold.
I’m looking forward to the conclusion of this affair.
I forsee payouts & promotions…

Well, the Northern View did run a story on this yesterday but I use the term “story” loosely. All they did was print the report instead of, oh, I don’t know, interviewing Sheila Gordon-Payne, or members of the local health board to get their thoughts? This, and a random homelessness story were the local copy space fillers of the day.

I’m sure the term “newspaper” is loosely used also.

Pretty pathetic the paper

They’re in the middle of disputes with the union and such. You think they’re going to talk?

[quote=“rupzuk”]Great read, no matter your political slant.
I forsee payouts & promotions…[/quote]

OUr hopital has a poisoned work atmosphere, thanks to Ms Payne an Mr Curnes an the rest of the managment “Team” there are pople on stress leave, people who, are lookng at loss of their career.

Copies of that LRB decision should be posted on every bulletin board in town.

I’m kind of disapointed with the reaction from the HTMFers, if this was a complaint about the price of toilet paper at Wall mart it would have gotten more responses,peoples livelihoods and carreers are threatened and the thread starts to die off after a few posts,

You’re expecting too much.

The Northern View really has dropped the editorial ball on this one…this is a major local news story that needs to be brought to the mind of the people of Prince Rupert.

I certainly hope the Northern View continues to report on this and actually tries to talk to the people involved…I agree that the hospital is a very toxic atmosphere because of this management team…they have really mucked things up at that hospital.

IMO all involved should be fired for this…but of course Northern Health will sweep this under the rug and move on.

Well, you certainly wouldn’t ever be a reporter.I think the hospital board would talk. They are our representatives, after all. And, it is what reporters are supposed to do. We don’t see a “no comment” or “calls were not returned” so, obviously they didn’t try. Shaun Thomas has the gall to actually put his name on the print story when he just cut and pasted the report.

[quote=“drummerboy”]

Well, you certainly wouldn’t ever be a reporter.I think the hospital board would talk. They are our representatives, after all. And, it is what reporters are supposed to do. We don’t see a “no comment” or “calls were not returned” so, obviously they didn’t try. Shaun Thomas has the gall to actually put his name on the print story when he just cut and pasted the report.[/quote]

Hospital Board is an appointed body and does not answer to the comunity at large

Give the guy a break. He’s been busy all day trying to get to the bottom of the Bill Belsey story. You know, where Bill Belsey apparently lied about being a registered lobbyist? And has been receiving e-mails directly from ministers?

Yeah, Shaun Thomas is busy asking Bill all the hard questions, so he doesn’t have time to ask Sheila any questions.

It’s because of people like you that they’ll feel they never have to. They are still supposed to be representing our interests.

[quote=“zerocool”]Give the guy a break. He’s been busy all day trying to get to the bottom of the Bill Belsey story. You know, where Bill Belsey apparently lied about being a registered lobbyist? And has been receiving e-mails directly from ministers?

Yeah, Shaun Thomas is busy asking Bill all the hard questions, so he doesn’t have time to ask Sheila any questions.[/quote]

Ha, ha. Sorry, you’re right. Shaun is undoubtedly all over the Belsey story.

Here’s why controversial topics rarely make it into small town papers.

vancouverobserver.com/politi … cking-tale

Of course, you always have the option of composing a letter to the editor and asking questions on your own.

[quote=“drummerboy”]

It’s because of people like you that they’ll feel they never have to. They are still supposed to be representing our interests.[/quote]

I did not see anything in my post that said I was resigned to the way Northern Health directors are installed with no input from the community at large,
I was merely stating the facts as I understand them,

It is this method of governance that has allowed the poisonous work atmosphere at Rupert’s Hospital to develop .

[quote=“leroy”]

[quote=“rupzuk”]Great read, no matter your political slant.
I forsee payouts & promotions…[/quote]

OUr hopital has a poisoned work atmosphere, thanks to Ms Payne an Mr Curnes an the rest of the managment “Team” there are pople on stress leave, people who, are lookng at loss of their career.

Copies of that LRB decision should be posted on every bulletin board in town.[/quote]

Perhaps my sarcasm was too suttle…
I agree, the management team is evil, people are getting screwed, etc…
It makes for a real made in Canada block buster, especially in an area that is perceived as a real unionized/NDP stronghold.
Its sad really as it even seems your brothers (HEU) were willing play a part in the maddness.
Hell, even a third of this thread is more concerned with the local rag.
I’m still looking forward to the rest of the decision; I see the only way out now is paying out the affected - but how much should be interesting. Will it be enough to compell management to avoid these types of actions or will it confirm that even after damage control and payout it is still a viable option?
Personally I see justification for the dismissal of several managers but if the pain of loosing the LRB action is minimal I would expect (in this f’ed up world) them to receive a pat on the back…

Does anyone know where Michael Curnes is practicing petty tyranny now ?