UGH work!

Have you ever had a day at work when you just want to scream repeatedly and throw things?

Our store has been without a till for a week now, and doing things manually was bad enough… but now that our computer is up and running again, I have 4 times as much work to do to catch up! I was falling behind enough when it was working normally!

Sorry, but I had to rant. You may all continue your regularly scheduled shopping wednesday afternoon… or better yet, wednesday night during the late-night shopping hardly anyone takes advantage of.

I don’t work. But there have been times when I did scream and throw things at work. Those were the days. :smile: I miss money…

I work at Wal-Mart…

Yeah, you can feel sorry for me now. If you ever go to the Hell-Mart in Terrace and see a tall guy with long-ish hair working in the shoe department, that’s me, and if I look bored as hell, I am.

Work has sucked all this week for me…I’m starting to realize how people are becoming stupider every minute…arrgg. Ok, so I work in an animal shelter here, and people give their animals up for the STUPIDEST reasons. “The cat is going to kill the baby” (as I roll my eyes) As a result, we are completely full with dogs & cats. And when people come in asking us to take their animals, we have to tell them they have to go on a waiting list, and they get aggrevated! Well, I get aggrevated with the stupid asses who didn’t even think about the responsibility of an animal before they got it, and think they can just dump it off to us. These poor animals are stuck there wondering what they did wrong, and it breaks my heart. I am so glad I get a week and a half of holidays, or someone would get hurt. Yay.

Mother-in-law swore cats were known to suck the breath right out of the baby. One day our 2 year old dumped Momcat & a litter of 5 into her crib, placed them all over her head and started screaming ‘Gramma, help!’ and laughing like a maniac.
I never had trouble unloading cats. They’re snobby and usually just move in with someone who buys brand name crunchies all by themselves.

You got yourself self one smart ass kid there. And at two to come up with such a good joke? Wow man nurse that gift of humor

My daughter grew up with two cats since she was born. Now we have three, and all they do is run as far the hell away from her because she wants to “play” with them, and be their mommy. In other words, cat torture. Plus, she has the highest pitched voice I have ever heard in my life. I’m thinking my cats don’t like that very much, since they boot it under the couch. LOL. Your kid sounds hilarious, Herbie.

That reminds me of the little red haired girl in a cartoon that always grabs the animals and says “I’m gonna love them, and squeeze them, and pet them, and hug them, and eat them aaaaaalll up.”

Of course you all would know what I’m talking about if I could remember the cartoon.

[quote]Goobylicious wrote:
My daughter grew up with two cats since she was born. Now we have three, and all they do is run as far the hell away from her because she wants to “play” with them, and be their mommy. In other words, cat torture. Plus, she has the highest pitched voice I have ever heard in my life. I’m thinking my cats don’t like that very much, since they boot it under the couch. LOL. Your kid sounds hilarious, Herbie.

That reminds me of the little red haired girl in a cartoon that always grabs the animals and says “I’m gonna love them, and squeeze them, and pet them, and hug them, and eat them aaaaaalll up.”

Of course you all would know what I’m talking about if I could remember the cartoon.[/quote]

Elmira from Tiny Toons

Bless that show, Buster and Babs, I love cartoons.

AHA! That’s right… Elmira it is.

http://www.injenn.net/~foximon/JennStudio/Art/jmElAlex.gif

[quote=“smartass”]Have you ever had a day at work when you just want to scream repeatedly and throw things?

Our store has been without a till for a week now, and doing things manually was bad enough… but now that our computer is up and running again, I have 4 times as much work to do to catch up! I was falling behind enough when it was working normally!

Sorry, but I had to rant. You may all continue your regularly scheduled shopping wednesday afternoon… or better yet, wednesday night during the late-night shopping hardly anyone takes advantage of.[/quote]

I work in technical support… I know this very well :wink: I had a guy argue with me for 2 days that we were filtering ports on his server, no amount of netstat/nmap outputs would prove to him that we werent filtering them. netstat showed the port wasnt open :wink: nmap said it was in the state closed… which of course meant we were closing his ports… For you non computer people closed means the ports not open ie. nothing is running on it.

Then of course there was the retard who refused! to upgrade/remove the insecure php mail scripts he had installed on his webserver and called in every month when he had 7GB of spam in his mail queue. his hard drive would fill up causing mysql and other services to fail. He would call in and yell at us saying he pays for a working server we must fix it…

I could go on for ages…

Our office computer can ping yours, and you can ping ours, but IE says ‘page not found’, so it must be the shitty internet service…
Our test bench is haunted, because all the computers we put on it are dead or full of viruses and spyware and they were ‘just fine’ when they brought them in…
Our server puts the same e-mail into one lady’s mailbox every day, and just keeps adding more. Every time she goes on line it gets the same messages and the number of emails gets bigger. And no, the tech working next door can’t come check it until she talks to her husband. It’s a Dell and she doesn’t want just anyone working on it…
Our radius server looks out the window and whenever it rains or snows, or snow is melting, hangs up John in the trailer’s modem. It’s done this every couple days for 8 years… makes his phone buzz too…
We can’t sell laser cartridges to the gov’t offices because they have confidential information on their computers…
Our retail outlet’s a ripoff, those $99 mobo’s can be picked up on e-bay for only $89 US…
Things ordered from the US are delivered overnight, except to us. Only we have to wait for brokerage and GST forms…
We faxed you who moved out of town the RMA forms, and you stuck stamps on your monitor and ‘just dropped it off’ at the Post Office. It’s our fault the depot didn’t get it…
The $99 DVDRWs aren’t as good a deal as the $89 after $30 mail in rebate ones at Future Shop that’s only 120 miles away…
We only sell LiteOn and LG opticals, not good brand name one like Cicero…
But it’s all good because the S.O. has an unlisted phone. This year, no one will call during Christmas breakfast and demand I go into work, setup an internet account for their kid’s new Hewlett-Scrapyard computer, and they’ll pay me soon as it’s convenient…

I think people in IT have it the worst… because nobody really knows what the hell they are doing. Here is an exact quote from a client after he screwed up his server. He is on our basic support level and if he can connect thats all we cover and everything else will be billable… understandable right? not to him.

“I pay for a working server, my server is not working i will not pay to fix it. You must fix it now or I will sue”

what was his problem? he had a bunch of insecure emailing scripts on his server that spammers were exploiting. Of course thats not what he thought his problem was. He thought we were trying to rip him off on his disk space. The real problem was he had 10GB!! of spam in his mail queue and his hard drive filled up causing things to break.

So i got annoyed with his yammering cleared his mail queue for him and told him to remove or secure the scripts he says ok. One month later EXACT same thing same comments from him… again I clear the mail queue for him and tell him to delete the files. another month later same problem… and this has been going on for 4 months.

He has since removed the scripts but now he is listed on spamcop… duh so his emails dont send and of course he expects us to fix that for him. because its a problem with his server and he pays for a working server :unamused: of course he doesnt believe spamcop is why he cant send mail… he thinks its because we upgraded his control panel for him.

Did i mention british people are the most arrogant people i have talked to from all parts of the world? we have clients from everywhere and of all the places the rudest people were from the UK.