Two confirm plans to seek Mayor's position

While the opening for nominations for the upcoming municipal election in November didn’t open until 9:30 a.m. On October 4, at least two people have declared their intention to seek the positoin of Mayor in Prince Rupert.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 91448.html

I only hope that more step up to run…

I wont be voting at all if those two are the only choices

[quote=“jamesbrown”]I only hope that more step up to run…

I wont be voting at all if those two are the only choices[/quote]

ditto

No you may not.

http://i.eho.st/pggf7hbz.gif

Bedard should not have even been allowed to sit in her seat for so long , but that issue has been burntout anyway . I get a headache just thinking of her winnie voice coming from the Big Seat as mayor . As for Jack well in his mind he believes that council and the city have been and are doing good . Yeah it would be nice to see who has the Balls to step in and take on the mess being left behind.

Come back Herb, all is forgiven.

The reason Bedard is “allowed” to sit on council is people VOTE her in there. apparently most of the voters in this town think she does a good job, otherwise she wouldn’t have held a seat for so long.

Bedard should not have even been allowed to sit in her seat for so long , but that issue has been burntout anyway . I get a headache just thinking of her winnie voice coming from the Big Seat as mayor . As for Jack well in his mind he believes that council and the city have been and are doing good . Yeah it would be nice to see who has the Balls to step in and take on the mess being left behind.Justin

by Smurfette » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Come back Herb, all is forgiven.

I agree with both of you… Jack is disgusting as Mayor and Bedard’s voice will get to me too! She also lives in a whole other reality.
I remember her a few years saying that we did not have a drug problem in Prince Rupert…

With Herb I asked him if he would run again and he replied that he has been there and done it. While not perfect he did do something to try and improve the city… those two running are lost causes as Mayor…

What he need is someone from the middle class or poor to run…

All is not lost. Here’s a positive outcome…

Jack and Kathy run for mayor, but then so does another candidate. Say a feral cat or even a viable human. This third candidate wins and we are rid of Jack and Kathy for at least a few years.

WIN!

I wonder if Don Scott will run again? I’m not happy with the two confirmed candidates.

God I hope Don Scott runs again…we need someone to take out Jack & Kathy in one big swoop…he could do it.

They should get the new manager of Wallmart to run as Mayor, then we might see some positive change. Or the operator of Timmies as they how to run something successfully lol

What about the Krussel guy at the port? Anyone to bend the council and internal affairs of Rupert toward the open and business friendly!

:thumbs up:

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]They should get the new manager of Wallmart to run as Mayor, then we might see some positive change. Or the operator of Timmies as they how to run something successfully lol

What about the Krussel guy at the port? Anyone to bend the council and internal affairs of Rupert toward the open and business friendly!

:thumbs up:[/quote]

Krussel always strikes me as very progessive! Great thought

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]

What about the Krussel guy at the port?[/quote]

The CEO of the Port Corporation? Not likely.

If Kathy and Jacko are the only candidates for Mayor, Rupertites are in for another 3 years of la la land.

I hope so too. As far as I remember, Rupert wasn’t in la la land when Don was the mayor of the time.

(Disclaimer: I could be wrong though. Is he the guy who created CityWest?)

[quote=“PinchLoaf”]All is not lost. Here’s a positive outcome…

Jack and Kathy run for mayor, but then so does another candidate. Say a feral cat or even a viable human. This third candidate wins and we are rid of Jack and Kathy for at least a few years.

WIN![/quote]

Either way you look at it…ONE of them is now guaranteed GONE and that’s a good start.

Story updated to reflect Nelson Kinney’s confirmed intention to seek re-election.

I’m having a little trouble with all of the flaming I’ve read so far. People are certainly entitled to their opinion but rather than providing no basis for ripping them apart how about providing some reasoning as to why you would or would not vote for them. Whether you like their track record or not all of these people have spent many years getting paid very little and also receive very little appreciation in return for their service. At the very least they deserve our respect. If they’ve done something that, in your opinion, makes them undesirable as a candidate share it.

I like some aspects of what Jack has done but I have some concerns with some of his past public outbursts. Threatening to kick a local reporter in the ass and his abruptness with Jean Martin come to mind. He definitely had a tough act to follow with Pond in the PR department and he seems a little weak with his public speaking.

Kathy Bedard is a very nice lady and we might be surprised by her leadership abilities if she we to be elected. She has a lot of previous experience and I’m sure that she must feel that she can offer more if she were elected into a higher position. I dont see anything in particular in her history that would cause me concern and the sound of her voice is a non-issue.

A lot of the fustration is watching nothing getting done around here!

If Bedard and Jack are the only ones running for mayor I wont be voting, I cannot vote for either one>.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]I’m having a little trouble with all of the flaming I’ve read so far. People are certainly entitled to their opinion but rather than providing no basis for ripping them apart how about providing some reasoning as to why you would or would not vote for them. Whether you like their track record or not all of these people have spent many years getting paid very little and also receive very little appreciation in return for their service. At the very least they deserve our respect. If they’ve done something that, in your opinion, makes them undesirable as a candidate share it.

I like some aspects of what Jack has done but I have some concerns with some of his past public outbursts. Threatening to kick a local reporter in the ass and his abruptness with Jean Martin come to mind. He definitely had a tough act to follow with Pond in the PR department and he seems a little weak with his public speaking.

Kathy Bedard is a very nice lady and we might be surprised by her leadership abilities if she we to be elected. She has a lot of previous experience and I’m sure that she must feel that she can offer more if she were elected into a higher position. I dont see anything in particular in her history that would cause me concern and the sound of her voice is a non-issue.[/quote]

Mr. Mussallem’s anger management issues are the obvious detriment to his campaign, Ms. Bedard’s handling of the Pacific School location controversy probably one of the issues that works against her.