TV debate

I think Dix is drunk

I take that back. He is nervous and his mouth is dry, can’t talk properly.

I can’t find the link, but I believe his dry mouth is caused by his diabetes.

Quote of the night.

On bad vetting;

Cummins “We found nothing…but our volunteers worked very hard to find that”

Live Stream: cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … ebate.html

Anyway, Cummins is a Neanderthal.

Ouch!

Jennifer made Adrian squirm.

Bet he would like a redo on that signature thing. Haven’t seen a look like that since my kid got caught stealing cookies.

And handled it quite well. Should gain 100% support of the two pot smokers who remember it’s voting day come May 14th.
Cummins was AWFUL. Beyond awful.
Christy was all I expected. But I live where they’ve “grown the economy” to about 1/3 of what it was in the awful 1990s.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
Christy was all I expected. But I live where they’ve “grown the economy” to about 1/3 of what it was in the awful 1990s.[/quote]

You should do stand up, herbie! :smile:

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”] Should gain 100% support of the two pot smokers who remember it’s voting day come May 14th.
[/quote]

Actually, I thought this one was the zinger!

Conservatives - no chance (long way to go for these folks but at least stepping in the right direction)
Greens - No chance (admitted they have no chance themselves, Oye!)
Liberals - led by a buffoon with a plan (repeated the same things over and over, at least she was consistent)
NDP - led by a bigger buffoon with no plan (looked nervous and had zero confidence, didn’t answer any questions directly)

This is going to be an election of voting for the lesser evil. Hopefully it doesn’t cost us in the pocketbook.

My observations:

Cummins - Fumbled over his words, seemed unprepared and often left me laughing.

Clark - Stuck to her party line, dodged tough questions, consistent in her message about economy being #1 priority. Calm and confident. Basically she didn’t have any “fuck ups” to further hurt her polling numbers.

Dix - Looked irritated, nervous and zero confidence. His persona was off too me. He was talking over Sterk/Cummins and Clark constantly. His entire performance just left me feeling even more uneasy.

Sterk - Out to lunch. Provided no explanation how a Green Party would fund the programs it wants to. Sterk seemed the nicest though of all 4 leaders.

A poll from the Vancouver Sun is indicating that Clark won a clear victory in the debate last night:

Who won Monday’s BC Election Debate?

Christy Clark (BC Liberals) - 63.78%
Adrian Dix (BC NDP) - 25.62%
No One - 6.31%
Jane Sterk (Greens) - 2.44%
John Cummins (BC Cons) - 1.84%

Ipsos Reid poll after debate

Dix (35%) Selected as Debate Winner Over Clark (30%), Sterk (10%) and Cummins (3%)

Monday, April 29, 2013

Vancouver, BC - Ipsos Reid conducted an online poll immediately following the April 29th televised leaders’ debate. Survey respondents were pre-recruited to watch the debate and provide their opinions on the performance of the various leaders. The respondents were recruited to be reflective of British Columbia voters, by age, sex, region and party preferences.

Debate Winner

Adrian Dix (35%) was selected most often as the leader who won the debate. Christy Clark (30%) was a close second, while both Jane Sterk (10%) and John Cummins (3%) were well back. Twenty-two percent were undecided.

Debate Loser

John Cummins (36%) was selected most often as the leader who lost the debate. Cummins was well ahead of second place Christy Clark (27%), who was then followed by Adrian Dix (16%) and Jane Sterk (11%). Ten percent were undecided.

[quote=“bthedog”]A poll from the Vancouver Sun is indicating that Clark won a clear victory in the debate last night:

Who won Monday’s BC Election Debate?

Christy Clark (BC Liberals) - 63.78%
Adrian Dix (BC NDP) - 25.62%
No One - 6.31%
Jane Sterk (Greens) - 2.44%
John Cummins (BC Cons) - 1.84%[/quote]

As you indicated the poll was done by the Vancouver Sun. Was this a statistically valid poll like the Ipsos Reid poll?

^No it was an online poll on their front page.

Obviously not scientific, but 11,750 people have responded, so more than the IPSOS sample.

Just another reflection on the debate and what people thought.

[quote=“bthedog”]^No it was an online poll on their front page.

Obviously not scientific, but 11,750 people have responded, so more than the IPSOS sample.

Just another reflection on the debate and what people thought.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Interesting result, but not a true reflection of what is going on I suspect.

Check out the poll on the Sun’s website. You can vote as many times as you want…scientific it’s not!