Tsunami Alert

wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/2011/06/24/l … y44-02.htm

The Tsunami Warning continues in effect for the coastal areas of Alaska from Unimak Pass, Alaska (80 miles NE of Dutch Harbor) to Amchitka Pass, Alaska (125 miles W of Adak).

This message is for Information Only for coastal areas of California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska from the California-Mexico border to Unimak Pass, Alaska (80 miles NE of Dutch Harbor).

This message is for Information Only for coastal areas of Alaska from Amchitka Pass, Alaska (125 miles W of Adak) to Attu, Alaska.

A Tsunami Warning means that all coastal residents in the warning area who are near the beach or in low-lying regions should move immediately inland to higher ground and away from all harbors and inlets including those sheltered directly from the sea. Those feeling the earth shake, seeing unusual wave action, or the water level rising or receding may have only a few minutes before the tsunami arrival and should move immediately. Homes and small buildings are not designed to withstand tsunami impacts. Do not stay in these structures.

Not an alert for BC, but just information. Magnitude 7.3 earthquake occurred 20 miles/32 Km southeast of Amukta Pass, Alaska .

Ahem,

Lifted,

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … gs-bc.html

Lifted? What the hell am I going to do with all this milk I just bought?

Give it back to the cow’s that were all moved inside.!

[quote=“jase”]Ahem,

Lifted,

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … gs-bc.html[/quote]

The link you provided was for the Japan earthquake.

Um, how is that possible,

[quote=“jase”]

Um, how is that possible,[/quote]

This is what I get when I clicked on your link, Feels like winter for sure,but isnt Mar 11, 2011 i’m pretty sure.

B.C. tsunami threat passes
CBC News Posted: Mar 11, 2011 2:48 AM PT Last Updated: Mar 12, 2011 1:23 PM PT Read 217 comments217 Back to accessibility links
Close
Tsunami watch for B.C.3:49Tsunami watch for B.C.3:49Close
8.9 quake hits Japan9:108.9 quake hits Japan9:10Supporting Story ContentStory Sharing ToolsShare with Add This Print this story E-mail this story
Related
Related Links
California in state of emergency after tsunami
IN DEPTH: Tsunami warnings work but aren’t enough
SPECIAL REPORT: Disaster in Japan
IN DEPTH: Why no tsunami after New Zealand quake?
YOUR REPORTS: Send us your tsunami photos, video and stories
PHOTO GALLERY: Earthquake in Japan
IN DEPTH: Ring of Fire
LIVE BLOG: Disaster in Japan
Canadians struggle to reach loved ones in Japan
External Links
Cox Bay Beach Resort webcam on Vancouver Island
NOAA’s Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
Google’s Crisis Response
(Note:CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external links.)

End of Supporting Story ContentBack to accessibility links Beginning of Story ContentThe tsunami warning for British Columbia has been lifted, according to the West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center in Alaska.

The Provincial Emergency Program’s advisory is still listed on its website, but automated calls received by CBC News confirmed that the advisory was no longer in place.

The Alaskan centre cancelled the advisory for B.C., Washington and northern Oregon at 6:49 p.m. PT after the coast was no longer threatened by the tsunami that devastated Japan and caused millions of dollars of damage in California.

weird,

hows this ?

cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011 … quake.html

[quote=“jase”]weird,

hows this ?

cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011 … quake.html[/quote]

Thats updated, but didnt see anywhere in there where it said anything was lifted,doesnt seem like there is much of an info out.
Dont seem to threatening.

Where I live in Oregon, I’m about a block from the water and maybe 8 meters above sea level. Front row seat.

Because there are few sirens here, I had to depend on a friend calling me at 3:30 am and telling me to get out. We had about a 4 hour window. I grabbed my two handicapped clients and we went and had an extended breakfast at the local hospital cafeteria. Slight damage to the local docks. We got REAL lucky.

Tsumanis, earthquakes and such are pet studies of mine. So I got links to share…

wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ … es_all.php

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca/zo … ex-eng.php

D

It rained so goddam hard this afternoon, how’d you even tell if a tsunami happened?