Try Safari for Windows?

Has anybody tried Safari for Windows yet?  I guess it will be a lot like Konquerer?

Anyway, Firefox is my browser of choice on Windows, but I love the way Safari on the Mac does fonts.

So I’ve installed Safari for Windows, and it does seem to do the sub-pixel rendering stuff.  It’s pretty fast too, but I haven’t really done any speed comparisons with IE and FF.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

iteresting… I like firefox and use it alot, will give this one a try…

I just installed it. My bf uses a Powerbook G4 and I’ve always been jealous of Safari.
Hooray!
Btw is that Powerbook still for sale MiG?

No, sorry, the iBook was sold.  Went for $400.

Safari so far seems fast – it seems to cache pages better than Firefox.  Like for example, the first load of HTMF is the same speed as Firefox, but then navigating around is a lot faster.

Cool. :sunglasses:  I’ll try that on my winders box tonight:-)  Now Safari on Linux would be very cool:-)

I just installed it to try it out, seems to be ok.

Downloading now…I’ll take it for a test drive soon. :smiley:

Very nice browser…renders pages much faster than FF maybe even faster than Opera.

If you use Konqueror on Linux (with KDE), it’s basically the same as Safari – same renderer, anyway.

Here’s a screenshot of Safari for Windows running alongside Safari for Mac OS X.  Using Parallels with Coherence, you can run Windows apps right inside Mac OS X.

At least the minimize/restore/close buttons are on the right side :wink:

and all 3.

[quote=“MiG”]Here’s a screenshot of Safari for Windows running alongside Safari for Mac OS X.  Using Parallels with Coherence, you can run Windows apps right inside Mac OS X.
[/quote]

What’s this Coherence?  Is it on the New Parallels, or would it also be on the previous version of it?

Charles, you need to e-mail the Russians.

Still can’t understand why someone would ruin a perfectly good Mac like that!
I got one * to get away* from Windows…

I’m waiting for the Mac pro to be updated then i’ll snagg one.

I like the bug button. Didn’t notice that on my Mac Safari. It works perfectly. Click it once and instant BSOD.

Just un-installed safari beta three (the old version) and installed the new beta 3 patch for Windows which addresses the latest security concerns.
I like this browser:-)

Yep that’s the one I haven’t been able to run for ten whole minutes. I’ll stick to Firefox, thx

That’s odd.  I just took Safari for a spin on XP Pro, it seems to run okay, no crashing…yet.
Are you running Safari on Vista?

Yep. I’ve been using this machine way too much to take a few hours off and remove it! I even get error messages from AVG every couple days. Total P.O.S. OS!!!
(though I must admit the laptop’s 18 mos old, and 100% of Vista gripes from customers related to using it with machines or software that weren’t brand new)