Traffic Cops in PR

I’ve always had to sign my tickets - I figured that was standard - maybe it depends on the type of ticket?  I’ve only ever gotten speeding tickets - pulled over for other things, but only tickets for speeding.

Seeing as it was my first ticket, I just figured signing it is normal procedure.
Maybe it does depend on what kind of ticket it is.

You can sign them or the police officer can fill out the statement of service on the back, either way it doesn’t matter. Some probably don’t even ask, just fill out the back.

Rupert never had a Traffic section for years. Maybe they’re playing catch up.

A while back if memory serves, the City of PR refused an RCMP request to pay for an additional member for the local force (or reduced the budget for same and RCMP had to drop a member). It was after this that traffic enforcement increased in order to raise the share of revenue to fund the additional member.

No matter how many cops we get there will be far to many criminals,drug dealer and just bums. We need the RCMP to come in and do a sweep of all the drug dealers and perverts around. A good old sting.

They do this. All the time. You just don’t know about it because it rarely makes it into the papers.

Spider probably knew that just trying to get someones goat. Bot as Spider said yes we need that in a very big way before all our children and neighbors are addicted.

Nah we only hear about the tomato plant busts and such:evil: