Totem Bingo Hall building = Disgusting!

When is the city going to force who ever owns this derilect building to fix it up? The building is the largest eyesore in the downtown core and it is about time that City Hall (and the idiots in charge there) forced the owner to fix it up…if they are doing this to other business/building owners downtown, why does this owner/building seem to be getting a free pass?

I know they were forcing a number of building owners in the Baker Boy/Stardust area of 3rd Ave to spruce up their buildings, so its time for them to target the old bingo hall!

How true… decisions are made to get some owners having to do work and many others, nothing! I agree with you, the Totem Bingo Hall is very bad and looks unsafe to walk under. Exactly when is the City going to get the owner to do something?

How about one or both of you phone City Hall and report back.

Heaven forbid someone would actually DO something, instead of just complain…

Granted the Mayor may not get out of his bunker in city hall very often, but I don’t think that there can be any serious doubt about whether the council is aware of the state of the Totem building. For whatever reasons they have focused on two other places on 3rd. Perhaps they will have a closed session meeting to discuss the problem like they did with the old Royal Bank (Home Hardware) building.

There’s always one of these derelicts in every town. Came back from down south and the Fort Hotel (the Zoo) is still standing. If the new buyer doesn’t rip the P.O.S. down and build new I swear I will personally lead a delegation and insist on a recall of any councillor who approves a permit to reopen and post the name of the Building Inspector all over the Net.

The Zoo still operates?
Been 20 yrs since I was in that place

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

Heaven forbid someone would actually DO something, instead of just complain…[/quote]

HAHA that’s rich coming from you…your the biggest complainer on this site…your certainly not in a position to be re-quoting something like that…time to get off that pedestal you got yourself on there.

And I did call City Hall and filed a complaint against that building already.

[quote=“bthedog”]

HAHA that’s rich coming from you…your the biggest complainer on this site…your certainly not in a position to be re-quoting something like that…time to get off that pedestal you got yourself on there.

And I did call City Hall and filed a complaint against that building already.[/quote]

I’m not sure by filing a complaint will net you a response/reply, but I was under the impression that all activity was put on hold when plans met with asbestos… but don’t quote me. I did, however find this: “Totem Bingo building no longer meets the safety standards that have been set by the authorities.” which may or may not be asbestos-related at all.

[quote=“bthedog”]

HAHA that’s rich coming from you…your the biggest complainer on this site…your certainly not in a position to be re-quoting something like that…time to get off that pedestal you got yourself on there. [/quote]

FINALLY!!!

[quote=“bthedog”]

HAHA that’s rich coming from you…your the biggest complainer on this site…your certainly not in a position to be re-quoting something like that…time to get off that pedestal you got yourself on there. [/quote]

Biggest complainer on this site? You mean about everyone else’s complaining and whining and moaning, constantly. I wouldn’t call that complaining, I’d say I’m expressing the opinion of most people who read this site and don’t post. S’matter, you don’t like it when someone calls it like it is? Course ya don’t. LOL

So now you have decided your gonna be the vocal representative of everyone who reads the site but does not post? I can think of about a hundred other members of this site that would be a much better choice.

Also, voicing my concerns about the sorry state of one of the buildings downtown is hardly complaining.

S’matter? What are you 12?