Totally ashamed and admonished

The Spirit of the Season is over.
Rushed into work as a powerline went down last night and the transmitter batteries gave out just after 8:00 am. It’s a private line that goes up the side of a mountain and it’s lying in 4 ft of wet snow.
1st message on the machine: "I bought my kids an Xbox for Christmas and it won’t hook up to my wireless router. I hope you feel real good that YOU ruined their Christmas."
1st phone call I answered, while waiting for calls about a powerline crew: "YOUR INTERNET went off while I was playing online poker and I lost $200. YOU BETTER have it in cash for me when I get there or there will be trouble. And I’m not paying my bill because it never worked ever."
1st person in the door stood with hands on hips admonishing me for not being out in the snow rehanging a 14KV line myself because that’s what he expected of me.
The last one was angry and wanted to know how I changed something in my office that made his Telus internet go to a different webpage than mytelus.com.
The young guy filling in over Christmas break couldn’t wait until quitting time. “They act like I killed the baby Jesus or something”

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]The Spirit of the Season is over.
Rushed into work as a powerline went down last night and the transmitter batteries gave out just after 8:00 am. It’s a private line that goes up the side of a mountain and it’s lying in 4 ft of wet snow.
1st message on the machine:** “I bought my kids an Xbox for Christmas and it won’t hook up to my wireless router. I hope you feel real good that YOU ruined their Christmas.”**
1st phone call I answered, while waiting for calls about a powerline crew: "YOUR INTERNET went off while I was playing online poker and I lost $200. YOU BETTER have it in cash for me when I get there or there will be trouble. And I’m not paying my bill because it never worked ever."
1st person in the door stood with hands on hips admonishing me for not being out in the snow rehanging a 14KV line myself because that’s what he expected of me.
The last one was angry and wanted to know how I changed something in my office that made his Telus internet go to a different webpage than mytelus.com.
The young guy filling in over Christmas break couldn’t wait until quitting time.** “They act like I killed the baby Jesus or something”**[/quote]

Man, I feel for you. You are a very patient person, herbie! Awesome quotes. :wink:

Your post makes me ashamed of society.
I hate knowing people act so stupidly. Have a happy new year Herbie!

This is just a reminder that the world is full of really dumb people.

People have absolutely no idea what they sound like until they go into business for themselves. Admittedly, I was the same. Noticing the err of my previous ways, I began enlightening belligerent folk as to the impossibility of their requests and the lack of understanding of the topic at hand.

Bad customers are bad customers. The customer is not always right. A business going above and beyond the typical level of service for whatever reason plots itself a dangerous course with bankruptcy.

You should print up an 8.5x11" picture of Santa Clause with a Walmart pricemart tag and gunshot wound and hand it to ignorant belligerent customers this time of year.

I too have admired your sense of humour in situations that require restraints…
give out grenades as a customer appreciation gift ?

The youngest kid on staff pointed out that we should SELL things like everyone else instead of lease them.
If someone buys a laptop at FutureShop and then calls us for service, they say “My laptop is acting up…”, if they buy something from us they say “This item I bought from YOU is…”. It never is 'mine", they never take ownership so as to avoid any responsibility.

My tech told me he’d also had an insight. He noticed how in the database we have over 350 internet customers, yet he’s dealt with the same 15 over and over since he started. Right as he mentioned that, in came #12
"What’s wrong with your servers now? They’re telling me my hotmail password is wrong! You people are nothing but trouble"

How does their hotmail service have anything to do with your internet service? And why wouldn’t this idiot know they’re separate entities? Argh, I’d never be able to work for you herbie, I’d end up wanting to punch your customers in the face for being moronic.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
"What’s wrong with your servers now? They’re telling me my hotmail password is wrong! You people are nothing but trouble"[/quote]

That is epic…people actually still use hotmail! :smile:

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]The youngest kid on staff pointed out that we should SELL things like everyone else instead of lease them.
If someone buys a laptop at FutureShop and then calls us for service, they say “My laptop is acting up…”, if they buy something from us they say “This item I bought from YOU is…”. It never is 'mine", they never take ownership so as to avoid any responsibility.

My tech told me he’d also had an insight. He noticed how in the database we have over 350 internet customers, yet he’s dealt with the same 15 over and over since he started. Right as he mentioned that, in came #12
"What’s wrong with your servers now? They’re telling me my hotmail password is wrong! You people are nothing but trouble"[/quote]

When I worked at a datacenter I had this nice canned response for such customers as per line XXX of our service agreement we are exercising our right to refuse service.

You should exercise your right to refuse service to these 12 people and let them be a telus problem.