Tim Horton's Renovating

[quote=“eccentric”]

Can you provide me with some reasons as to why I should vote for Jack again?

Obviously I can’t speak for bubbasteve735, but I’m not sure that she was necessarily defending the mayor or anyone on council with her comment. I think she was just pointing out how tiring it is that we are so eager to attack our current mayor and council that we tie them to the stake and burn them even on issues with which they have nothing to do – and when it’s pointed out that this issue isn’t on them some people double down and say “well, serves them right for being so shitty. What do they expect?”[/quote]

All very good points, thank you. I was not being sarcastic with my question as I am genuinely looking at all of the candidates for council and mayor. I voted for Jack in the past as there was not a viable alternative at that time in my opinion. We now have several good choices for the top job. So I am looking for accomplishments of the present mayor I suppose.

Prince Rumours is firing up, I heard the bowling alley was purchased by Timmies and we shall have a drive thru.

No, I wasn’t defending the mayor. I won’t vote for him again. But it does get rather tiring when people just jump to the conclusion that the city is to blame, for pretty much everything. I honestly miss the old forum, where there was a balance of great topics, and complaining, now it’s just bitch bitch bitch.

Thats laughable its always been bitching and complaining on here. Perhaps there would be less of it if citizens were able to talk to council or the mayor and get real answers rather than have every important decision hidden from them. As for the city being morons i think we can all agree the majority of the time they are. They are constantly making piss poor decisions negatively affecting the citizens. Hows citywest and the mill decisions working out for you?

Id say when there is somethi.g stupid happening in city limits its safe to make the assumption its more of their stupidity. You may be wrong on the rare occasion but i think youd find yourself fairly accurate.

Who else has noticed what looks like a drive-thru window??

The place definitely looks different. It almost looks like it has a second floor or a balcony, upper deck?

The upper level is just going to be a Big Tim Horton Sign , when I hear this stuff regarding a drive thru it makes me laugh , not out loud now but it does . When I was a council member it was decided then re no drive thru and Jacko was not Mayor yet , he was working for the council , Mayor John Kuz was in for that time frame .

Ah, okay. Thanks for that Justin.

So are you saying you don’t believe there will be a drive thru?? From what I noticed, there was a lone side window on the Rupert Hotel side.

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

So are you saying you don’t believe there will be a drive thru?? From what I noticed, there was a lone side window on the Rupert Hotel side.[/quote]

So logistically, how would that work ? Maybe another walk up p/u window but not a drive thru. What about traffic and cars leaving the Timmie’s parking lot? There is no upper deck, the AC equipment, venting etc. has already been installed up there. It is going to be new inside with a new big sign and that is it! And that has to be good enough !!

Won’t ever use a drive-thru.
Incompetnet louts can’t get an order right if you stand inside and triple check. If you’re a drive-thru they don’t even try. Unless Rupert’s got the ONE fast-food place Betond Hope that works.
Enjoyed a week in Terrace with a real Safeway bakery and Starbucks. Nice change from Timmie’s nuked goo-nuts and bad coffee.

I have been told numerous times that they are not allowed to put in a drive through not before and not now… that parking lot is bad enough now for how small it is cant imagine a drive thru lol

Went in for an iced cappuccino today in the newly renovated place. It looks very nice indeed. :smile:

The province will not allow a drive through on a highway… Not after the one in terrace…

Yeah its looking nice and clean , probably more space with the new seating area . The service has almost come to a halt for some reason , you have one hell of a line-up when you go in with three different areas to give your order but why the hell is the service so FN slow ? Why does one have to be buzzed in to use the washrooms ? Why in the evening when there staff seems plenty enough but service seems slower then during the day shift ?

Went in this morning and had to leave as line was virtually at a stand still… I hope they sort out their growing pains as it is a lovely new space, but speed it up please

I think they’ll sort it out. During the renovations some workers quit as they were not getting enough hours in the smaller, temporary coffee shop. Now that the new place is up and running I think they will get faster as they hire more staff and the new workers get more experience.