Tim Horton's Renovating

Looks like Timmie’s is renovating…wonder what they have planned, since it looks like it might be a long renovation judging by the mobile store that has been set up in their parking lot.

Here is hoping they put in a drive-thru finally!

Not having a drive-through is what made me stop going. But then again, how to fit a drive-though if there’s barely any space to park already?

I could be wrong, but, I think it will only be an exterior and interior renovation. No drive through.

[quote=“hitest”]

I could be wrong, but, I think it will only be an exterior and interior renovation. No drive through.[/quote]

No drive thru and reno’s supposed to be complete within 6 weeks.

They aren’t allowed to do a Drive Thru… That’s why it never had one, and will never have one.

The portable store in the parking lot is efficient and well laid out. I got my fix of hot chocolate today.

why the fuck not? who’s backwards ass retarded idea is it to not allow it? it’d be easy to add a drive through window on the backside of the building.

Why can’t they borrow some space from the mall’s parking lot ?? Neither of Terrace’s locations have very large parking areas.

[quote=“jesus”]
why the fuck not? [/quote]

Prince Rupert’s business-friendly climate says so.

[quote=“MiG”]

[quote=“jesus”]

Prince Rupert’s business-friendly climate says so.[/quote]

Yep. Yet another reason for a change at the top.

[quote=“MiG”]

[quote=“jesus”]

Prince Rupert’s business-friendly climate says so.[/quote]

In this case I believe it’s the Province actually. I seem to remember an article where it was explained that the province wouldn’t approve of it due to the traffic patterns it would cause. They used a location in Terrace as the example of why they would never approve such a thing again. I tried to find the article but can’t locate it.

Ah ok, that makes sense. The Tim Hortons in Terrace has a parking lot that doesn’t technically open onto Highway 16, which is probably the big difference?

My memory of the article is sketchy, but it stuck with me because I thought it was amusing they considered the Terrace example as such a bad thing that they weren’t going to approve a similar situation anywhere in the Province ever again. It’s widely known that the intersection there gets really dicey when the drive through get’s backed up. The same thing would happen in Prince Rupert.

The only way I could ever see a drive-through here would be at a new location, or maybe if they managed to purchase part of the mall parking lot and create a road through there.

Yeah, that’s what it is. Man, you guys are so quick to blame the city. It’s kind of sad.

Having gone through the infamous Prince Rupert parking shakedown, I guess my view of the City of Prince Rupert is jaded :smile:

Also, you should see what happens when the 2-lane drive-through Tim Hortons backs up onto the road here. The Sheriff sits there and gives out tickets. Everybody wins :smile:

Except I’ve seen RCMP cruisers in the line for the Terrace Timmies with their ass hanging out onto Hwy 16 … I almost stopped and asked what the hell they were doing but then thought I better not bother a cop needing a caffeine fix.

The city is run by a majority of fucking halfwits that dont generally know their ass from a hole in the ground and make usually the worst possible decision they can given any opportunity to make a decision. Can you really blame people for thinking they’re morons with the ample evidence they’ve provided?

Can you provide me with some reasons as to why I should vote for Jack again?

[quote=“hitest”]

Can you provide me with some reasons as to why I should vote for Jack again?[/quote]

Obviously I can’t speak for bubbasteve735, but I’m not sure that she was necessarily defending the mayor or anyone on council with her comment. I think she was just pointing out how tiring it is that we are so eager to attack our current mayor and council that we tie them to the stake and burn them even on issues with which they have nothing to do – and when it’s pointed out that this issue isn’t on them some people double down and say “well, serves them right for being so shitty. What do they expect?”