Thoughts on iPhone 4s?

I just finished watching the introduction video for iPhone 4s
the increased video/photo capabilities (higher res) … and of course Siri (i’m waiting for hilarious drunken videos on youtube for that one) are definitely a highlight…it’s like a mini iPad (wasn’t the iPad an oversized iPhone?)

not that anyone in Prince Rupert will be able to use this technology anytime soon…it’s fun to look at and dream…

At first i was disapointed. but also in the months leading up to this i also wondered about a new design. i have an 4 and i cant think how apple can do better with its looks. like their macbooks
they have refined them to a look they are now and i think there is not another laptop made that comes close to them. so why change a good thing. reviewers are already insulting its lack of new looks but remeber folks between the iphone 3G and 3G S they were twins.

Siri almost looks like something that would make me want to upgrade it is truly a big leap above anything android has for voice control. also from looking at the video the only thing that would not work in PR is the google maps weather. if rogers offers an upgrade plan i might be tempted to go for it

what are the rest of your thoughts?

well since the design is the same with a few more options I will stick to my iphone 4, and holly mother of all things holly, 3G speeds in Rupert what a fricken joke, I upload a HD movie from science world to facebook, while I was in Vancouver the other week, most were in the size of 35 megs to 60 megs, took about 5 min or so. I come home to Rupert and try and i fricken gave up after 20 min, then I try off my wireless network. and about 15 min it was uploaded.

I’ve been running iOS 5 for a month or so now, and it’s been great. I can see iMessage getting a lot of use, especially from those who have iPads and iPod Touches. It’s basically free texting between iOS devices.

how does that work? With Blackberry devices it’s a PIN, what is it with the iOS device?

I’m willing to at least use a iPod touch just for that…or switching providers in PR …

[quote="_lit"]how does that work? With Blackberry devices it’s a PIN, what is it with the iOS device?

I’m willing to at least use a iPod touch just for that…or switching providers in PR …[/quote]

It doesn’t need a PIN. You can use iMessage with a person’s phone # or their e-mail address. Sort of the same way Facetime works.

Best feature of iMessage is animated gif support! heheh

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76069/dynamic/2011/10/Photo%202011-10-05%207%2014%2056%20PM.png