The weather

I LOVE GLOBAL WARMING!! My skin however… does not.

Yeah, it sucks that I’ll miss the Breeze game… playing against them is always a highlight of mine since I used to play for them, and I love how they’d rather have a barbeque than play an A league team. :unamused:

It sucks that Breeze tanks games to stay in B league… it would be fun to play against them more than once a year.

Ahh, I don’t think they toss any games any more. They just aren’t very good.

[quote=“smartass”]I LOVE GLOBAL WARMING!! My skin however… does not.

Yeah, it sucks that I’ll miss the Breeze game… playing against them is always a highlight of mine since I used to play for them, and I love how they’d rather have a barbeque than play an A league team. :unamused:

It sucks that Breeze tanks games to stay in B league… it would be fun to play against them more than once a year.[/quote]

You realize that there is no proof that we have tanked a game in the last three years right?

I only say three years because that’s the extent of my first hand knowledge on the subject. Just because we openly admit that we don’t want to play “A” ball, doesn’t mean that we tank games.

And as far as this season goes, Eso is absolutely right. We really haven’t been very good this year.

And on top of all that, the Breeze would rather drink beer and bbq than play any team, not just “A” league teams. In fact, it’s an unofficial team motto that “Games are just an excuse to drink mid-week”. So there.

I think that should be the motto for every team. With our team it’s more like “Games are an excuse to drink mid-week AND to get out of the house”.

[quote=“stanley19”]

I think that should be the motto for every team. With our team it’s more like “Games are an excuse to drink mid-week AND to get out of the house”.[/quote]

Atta boy Stan. Good to see that not all of you “A” league teams have lost touch with the spirit of beer league ball.

A lot of people think our team is a bunch of “all we wanna do is win and go home” kinda guys, but really we aren’t. Sure, when it comes down to a final game in a tournament or something like that, we can turn it up a few notches, but all in all we are all about having fun. Some teams mistake our joking on the field for rubbing blowout games in their faces. We just have a lot of fun playing ball together.

TJ still owes me a beer.

Do u realize that the family from south africa who has some skin disorder will probably suffer from this nice weather?

cry me a feekin river

[quote=“stanley19”]

A lot of people think our team is a bunch of “all we wanna do is win and go home” kinda guys, but really we aren’t. Sure, when it comes down to a final game in a tournament or something like that, we can turn it up a few notches, but all in all we are all about having fun. Some teams mistake our joking on the field for rubbing blowout games in their faces. We just have a lot of fun playing ball together.[/quote]

I’ve never had a problem with your team Stan. In fact, I for one like playing you guys (as far as playing “A” ball is concerned) and was just commenting on the fact that it’s good to see that not everybody has forgoten about having a good time. It’s one thing to be good, it’s another to be good and wanting everyone to know it.

Don’t get me wrong there is a time and place for smack talking and what not, but I don’t think that reagular season KISL is the place. Some of the other “A” league teams don’t seem to realize that.

Hey Stanley, just wanted to say that was a pretty nice homer you hit today. Even though I was cheering for the Breeze, that was pretty sweet. :smile:

Yeah we were yelling at tim… farther father, back, back, back. Meanwhile, hes already up against the fence. The coast spanked us pretty hard, only because they kept catching our hits, like 4 out of 5 hits were caught.

Thanks. I was actually surprised at how far it went. I don’t hit all that many. That was one of the few times ever that I actually tried for one and did it.

Some teams have a hard time discerning the fact that this is SLO-pitch. This is a recreational league. Unless they have some performance-laden contract drawn up, I don’t think anyone is getting paid to play this game. I know of which teams you speak, and you think it’s bad against you guys…you should watch them play us. You’d think it was a playoff game. Kinda sad. We laugh it off as usual…unless they go after our pitcher, of course.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. But what can you do really? Not a whole lot. It’s not like you can mandate that people have fun and not take things overly serious. I’m pretty sure that it happens in pretty much every rec sport out there. At least, pretty much every rec sport I’ve ever played/watched.

Say what you will about the Northern Breeze this year, they’ve got some mighty fine looking players on the team.

I dunno about fine looking, but I bet if there was a burping and farting contest the team would beat the entire league hands down. :unamused:

I can’t recall any real serious farting going down on the team…maybe in the days of yore?

Nope… this is a recent thing. It’s not the whole team either.

Ruth lets monsterous burps out once in a while. I think it’s a form of distraction for the opposing team, and pretty funny. Go Breeze! I gotta cheer for them, my honey is on the team. :wink: