The Source for Service

Ditto!:slight_smile:

I was walking by the Source at 8:30pm last night (Friday) and they were closing the doors alreadyā€¦ big surprise.

I yelled ā€œYou guys are closing already???ā€Ā  and he said

ā€œNo, we are getting ready to closeā€

ā€œYouā€™re closing your doors a half hour earlyā€¦ itā€™s only 8:30ā€

to which he just laughed and kept closing the doors.

By being in the mall, the Source is supposed to be following the same hours of business as the mallā€¦ itā€™s written right in their lease.Ā  They constantly close early, and open whenever they feel likeā€¦ itā€™s like the Audio Vision of the mall!!

Nope, moved down to the main drag a couple years ago.

Hmm Interesting, Iā€™ve always wondered why theyā€™re closed at sometimes 5 PM when the mall closes at 6 PM :neutral_face:

I work in customer service, and I try the best I can to ALWAYS provide the best service possible. Itā€™s todays youth, they really couldnā€™t care less if someone needs help or not. Growing up with a salesperson as a parent, I canā€™t stand when Iā€™m not paid attention to when I walk in the door, so I try and offer the same service I expect.

But try getting paid minimum wage, no benefits, shit hours, and see how much you want to try and sell the products for sale in your store.

I can see both sides of the spectrum I guess.

You mean they actually have sun-faded posters of ā€œSchindlerā€™s Listā€ and ā€œForrest Gumpā€ in their display window too?  Thatā€™'s awesome!!!

Everytime I go into the source for something, nobody attempts to help, I was looking for hardware to hook up my car stereo and couldnā€™t find what i was looking for and i mustā€™ve been standing in the same section for almost 10 minutes and still they didnā€™t offer assistance. and the place was dead and two employees were behind the counter

Everyone has to start somewhere.  If people WORK, and do what is REQUIRED of them, not just what they figure is good enoughā€¦ then they are rewarded by better pay and certain perks.  If you arenā€™t worth extra cash as you arenā€™t helping the company outā€¦ then ā€œshit payā€ is what you shall receive.

Oh I know. Iā€™m not complaining about it. But youth tend to have this sense of entitlement. I know I did going into the workforce. Mind you, I worked as hard as I could regardless of my pay. But thatā€™s the mentality.

I never go in to the local The Source anymoreā€¦  I like The Source in Terrace, Staples and Compuserve in Terrace for this type of itemsā€¦  Service in Terrace is wonderful at these 3 placesā€¦
I avoid buying much hereā€¦  I do like Data Boy and Kaien Computer Essentials, although you cannot beat Staples for selectionā€¦  I also order onlineā€¦

The Staples in Terrace makes the one in Prince George look lame.
Iā€™ve come back from there with the car filled with stuff. They want a product out of there, they cut the price to get it out of there.
Prince George cuts the price by 10% or something lame.
Last trip to PG they had NO ivory 8.5x11 paper in stock. NO gloss laser paper. ZERO colored legal size. 17" in reams of plain paper only.
Good place for your home inkjet/back to school family, totally useless for business.
Office Depot has degenerated the same way.

I dunno, for all of my paper needs, I always go here:Ā  tinyurl.com/papersource

tinyurl.com/realpapersource