The Simpsons Im confused

If the simpsons has been running for 14 years now, how come no one graduated yet? how come maggie hasnt grown?

There was at least one episode where it showed everyone older, including maggie…

Apu’s kids are the only characters who have aged.

It’s bad luck to question the simpsons…

yeah no doubt… you’ll end up with brain bubbles.

Was quoted by yngwie_69.

That’s there trademark.

Each season doesn’t represent one year in the lives of the simpsons. A show could represent a day.

Maybe 20 odd shows a year… 14x20 = 280 days. So far it could just be one year in the lives of the simpsons!

Anyways, my point is that 14 years in our lives doesn’t necessarily mean 14 years for the simpsons.

[quote=“Fodera”]Each season doesn’t represent one year in the lives of the simpsons. A show could represent a day.

Maybe 20 odd shows a year… 14x20 = 280 days. So far it could just be one year in the lives of the simpsons!

Anyways, my point is that 14 years in our lives doesn’t necessarily mean 14 years for the simpsons.[/quote]

That’s deep and way too much math.

Ahh, but the show keeps up with current events.

There has been lots of different christmas/halloween episodes though. So it is not 1 day in the life of.

Well how many christmas episodes did they have?

The beauty of cartoons is you can do whatever you want with them. So, Groening just didn’t think they needed to age I am guessing, and because they never age gives the Simposons some of their appeal. Plus, who cares, they are frickin’ hilarious.

If the Simpsons were to age according to how long the show has been on, they would have suffered the same fate as every other sitcom that use real people, especially kids. They get older and they lose their appeal. they would have had to spin off “The Simpsons” where Bart and Lisa go to an Afro-American college and deal with everyday life in their own special way…oh wait, I’m thinking of “The Cosby Show”. You get my point though.

Remember the Olsen twins and “Full House”? It was all well and good when they were small, the show was popular. They, along with their sisters, got older and the show faded like a cheap t-shirt. Whatever happened to Bob Saget anyhow? I’m way off topic.

“The Simpsons” are iconic. One of the best television shows ever made, live or animated. Why question it?

the internet really IS a giant waste of time, isnt it.

Bob Saget was in Dumb and Dumberer

stanley19 wrote:

LOL dude, Full House sucked. Bob Faggot ruined AFV too!

[quote=“Hi Timez”]stanley19 wrote:

LOL dude, Full House sucked. Bob Faggot ruined AFV too![/quote]

I never said that Full House was good. I ws just using it as an example of what happens to a show when the children grow up.

I have to take the biggest duece right now. Seriously!

:open_mouth: eh! ah! Goobili, i feel you closest to the mark. Point being, absolutely never a dull moment. great for ADD’ers & Aspies like myself.
I really like the copious amounts of reverse psychology. I recogmend an old movie w/ Spencer Tracey “Its a MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!” The film is chalked full of Human Stupidity start to finish. Recogmend required viewing. For more, pop over to the Polity form.
Intreged by your other posts, ones they don’t comprehend.

I love the Simpsons. It’s my favorite TV show. But i read somewhere that the voice actors only have a year or two left on their contracts. Do you think that FOX would continue the series after that?