The shop steward’s contribution was not appreciated

With the votes now counted and the winner declared, it’s time for the post mortems of the election campaign in Skeena - Bulkley Valley and for the Liberal candidate that means a calling to account of the union movement, for their participation in the electoral process in this year’s election.

Corinna Morhart outlined her frustrations with her own union CUPE in Thursday’s Daily News, expressing her dis-satisfaction in their intervention in the electoral process with a call for union members to place their votes strategically with the NDP candidate Nathan Cullen…

(from  the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire article atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 6280919593 )-

Good article podunk.
Who says unions have no power?..haha

Oh man, praise from mcsash, must be time to unplug the computer, next thing I know eccentric will be saying that my points are valid and that he agrees with me completely  is there an asteroid on the way or something? :smiley:

I’m not sure how it works, but I’d hope that CUPE holds a vote to decide whether or not they will support different parties or candidates.

Her argument would have much more weight had she made it BEFORE she was WTFPWNT–but I see where she’s coming from. I guess she has bragging rights to being one of the few who supports more than one party. :smile: