The New Testament

I am not a Christian, but, I firmly believe that all people should have the freedom, without fear of condemnation, to pursue their own unique spiritual pathway (Atheist, Agnostic, or person of Faith).
As a Buddhist I try to be tolerant of different perspectives.

As an athiest-agnostic, I understand that criticism of what I view as a persistent delusion quite naturally comes off as condemnation. Deal with it.

[quote=“hitest”]

I am not a Christian, but, I firmly believe that all people should have the freedom, without fear of condemnation, to pursue their own unique spiritual pathway (Atheist, Agnostic, or person of Faith).
As a Buddhist I try to be tolerant of different perspectives.[/quote]

I try not to get too into all of this usually. But honestly, the day that other religions aren’t forced towards me, and I’m not looked down upon for my lack of faith, is the day I will not question others paths. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tend to take what I want from all religions… however I still believe that large numbers of like minded individuals concentrating on the same ideology can produce significant results… the problem we all have, is that we can’t decide on what to focus upon. The sooner we realize that our thoughts can manifest into reality the better off we all will be, not matter our personal belief.

I believe in a higher power; a God if you will. He has no name. He never will have a name. He will never have a church for you nor I to pray in.

Organized assembly for religion should be banned. Whether it’s for religion, for the Girl Guides or for politics, mob mentality will never cease to be stupid.

Mankind will never overlook our indifferences without this prerequisite; those that cannot understand how worldly they really are, who seek an invisible guidance and will die for Him in the name [X] Religion will always bring down the human race.

I have made three more posts, finishing Luke. dwhite-allireallywanttodo.blogspot.ca/

For the faith debate thread: In the my last two blog posts, I commented on a couple of things I found interesting about the ending of Luke. In one, Jesus says that the kingdom is within. I find that much easier to accept than the concept of a heaven. And I also found it interesting that the disciples doubt the risen Jesus until he shows himself to them in the flesh. How are we supposed to believe without proof if the guys who followed him couldn’t?

Agreed.

[quote=“hitest”]

As a Buddhist I try to be tolerant of different perspectives.[/quote]

I’ll agree about the freedom part, but if I detect fault in what they believe in, they’re going to hear about it. As a spiritual person, I’m obligated to call out what I see as obstructions in their path. Because I too want them to progress and grow.

Spiritual junk food should be avoided. The world’s major religions fall into this group. It may fill you up, but it has no real nourishment.

The first step is in helping other’s identify it.

x

No argument from me on this one. I am all for spirited debate as that is a HTMF tradition. This thread is lively, and enjoyable to read. I suppose I draw the line when people go beyond challenging a belief and make it personal (insults, etc.). You have not done that, by the way. :smile:
Agreed. I think it is healthy to have your perceptions challenged as that opens up new vistas of experience.

John is really hard to comprehend. I am rushing to be done by Sunday so two posts on Good Friday.
dwhite-allireallywanttodo.blogspot.ca/

Two posts for Easter Sunday including a summing up. I am done.

dwhite-allireallywanttodo.blogspot.ca/

Very interesting, Soggy. I did not know that about he gateway. Very interesting. You are a searcher as well…

x

The “needle” mentioned in the Bible is a gateway in a walled city. To ensure an attacker couldn’t bring camels or horses through this gateway easily it was of such a height that it was necessary for a rider to dismount to enter the city. The camels actually had to walk through it on their knees.

Another Bible quote I use to show its inaccuracy is “Thou shall not suffer a witch to live.” The witch reference was a mis-translation of the Aramaic word which means a person who makes poisons for an assassin. Not a witch, but one who colludes with a murderer to commit his crimes.

I was a searcher but found the search disappointing.

Well don’t give up. You’ve got a lifetime.

[quote=“gunnar”]

Well don’t give up. You’ve got a lifetime.[/quote]

Why waste your time of that crap

Right, I’m done. I’m fully immersed in science these day. You can keep your supernatural crap.