The Mood of a Nation: Prince Rupert BC

This was on the Canadian Business site, but I can’t seem to find it now:

Outreach worker Myles Moreau takes a drive around Prince Rupert, B.C. Moreau has worked in town for more than 20 years, having watched the northern community’s economic decline first-hand. Even though he believes the port development will ultimately benefit the town economically, he’s concerned growth will attract more crime.

The transformation of Price Rupert’s port has been drawing a lot of attention to the small community tucked away in northwestern British Columbia. The sleepy airport that normally receives a handful of flights a day was overwhelmed with private jets when the town celebrated the arrival of its first container ship late last year, recalls Prince Rupert Port Authority CEO Don Krusel. Calls from real estate speculators began a full two years before that, shortly after it was announced the port would be revitalized. The town is also on the radar of prominent real estate investor and author Ozzie Jurock. He’s called it one of the most important cities of the 21st century. (He also expects some spillover in nearby Prince George, by the way.)

But people who actually live in Prince Rupert have a different perspective. “The port is not making us a boom town. We’re not Fort McMurray,â€

From the actual magazine, which for some reason I couldn’t find at Eddie’s News.

[attachments over a year old automatically deleted]

[quote=“Sockpuppet”]
This was on the Canadian Business site, but I can’t seem to find it now:

Outreach worker Myles Moreau takes a drive around Prince Rupert, B.C. Moreau has worked in town for more than 20 years, having watched the northern community’s economic decline first-hand. Even though he believes the port development will ultimately benefit the town economically, he’s concerned growth will attract more crime.

The transformation of Price Rupert’s port has been drawing a lot of attention to the small community tucked away in northwestern British Columbia. The sleepy airport that normally receives a handful of flights a day was overwhelmed with private jets when the town celebrated the arrival of its first container ship late last year, recalls Prince Rupert Port Authority CEO Don Krusel. Calls from real estate speculators began a full two years before that, shortly after it was announced the port would be revitalized. The town is also on the radar of prominent real estate investor and author Ozzie Jurock. He’s called it one of the most important cities of the 21st century. (He also expects some spillover in nearby Prince George, by the way.)

But people who actually live in Prince Rupert have a different perspective. “The port is not making us a boom town. We’re not Fort McMurray,â€[/quote]

So why can’t I seem to find the magazine on the stands anywhere?

Well my guess is that it’s from a few weeks ago now so won’t be found here, maybe try the library (or check out recycling, maybe all the purchased copies were dumped there after time passed)

I’m looking forward to reading some of the conspiracy theories about why we can’t find a hard copy of the article anywhere though, Prince Rumour always loves a mystery… :wink:

I also believe that it was a two parter, The Canadian Business Mag. Maybe we may never know for sure.