Test topic, reply here

Is there any way to keep yourself logged in?

Testing testing… How do you embed YouTube vids???

Not sure. Will check it out later. Might need to install something.

Yes, click login, then log me in automatically each visit:

HTMF’s clock is not on time.

Ok, just looks like you use the youtube bbcode. So you do it the same way as you did it before, ie:

will give you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4R7GcWZY3g

You need to set your time zone.

Read this:

Test

Boo!!

Test

test2

[quote=“grey hair”]

test2[/quote]

Alright Grey Hair!!! I finally got the clock right, geez I went directly to my computer’s control panel vs the one on here!!! :smile:

[quote=“MiG”]First, let’s just say that I (personally) had no choice in whether or not we kept the SMF software (the old forum). There were a few things going on behind the scenes, but to put it simply, there was no choice – either switch software, or shut down the site.

The only choice I had was what software we would switch to. If you’ve been around HTMF, you’ll know that we actually began as a phpBB forum, and that’s one reason I suggested we use it.

We copied over all the users and posts last night, so any forum posts you made on the old site since last night are gone. Sorry about that, but not much I can do about it.

You’ll probably want to go to your control panel (“User Control Panel” at the top of the page) and change a few settings.

First, switch your time zone. It should be GMT-7 (Pacific Daylight Time). Otherwise, you’ll be stuck in the future, on Greenwich Mean Time. Also, while you’re in there, perhaps update some other settings, such as Board Settings / Edit Posting Defaults – “Notify me upon replies by default.” Right now you’re probably set to receive e-mails every time someone replies to a post.

Finally, there are probably things that aren’t working properly. Let me or one of the other admins know about it and we’ll fix it eventually. For example, I’m going to have to re-code the RSS-reader functions for the Podunkian and NorthernView sections, but I’m hoping I can just re-use some of the code I used on the old site.[/quote]

I did the “GMT” time change and also I was trying the different page scheme. I don’t quite know which one I tried but the “User Control Board” is no longer present at the top of the screen for me to revert back to the original setting. Can you help me on this matter?

[quote=“MiG”]First, let’s just say that I (personally) had no choice in whether or not we kept the SMF software (the old forum). There were a few things going on behind the scenes, but to put it simply, there was no choice – either switch software, or shut down the site.

The only choice I had was what software we would switch to. If you’ve been around HTMF, you’ll know that we actually began as a phpBB forum, and that’s one reason I suggested we use it.

We copied over all the users and posts last night, so any forum posts you made on the old site since last night are gone. Sorry about that, but not much I can do about it.

You’ll probably want to go to your control panel (“User Control Panel” at the top of the page) and change a few settings.

First, switch your time zone. It should be GMT-7 (Pacific Daylight Time). Otherwise, you’ll be stuck in the future, on Greenwich Mean Time. Also, while you’re in there, perhaps update some other settings, such as Board Settings / Edit Posting Defaults – “Notify me upon replies by default.” Right now you’re probably set to receive e-mails every time someone replies to a post.

Finally, there are probably things that aren’t working properly. Let me or one of the other admins know about it and we’ll fix it eventually. For example, I’m going to have to re-code the RSS-reader functions for the Podunkian and NorthernView sections, but I’m hoping I can just re-use some of the code I used on the old site.[/quote]

I did the “GMT” time change and also I was trying the different page scheme. I don’t quite know which one I tried but the “User Control Board” is no longer present at the top of the screen for me to revert back to the original setting. Can you help me on this matter?

Testing:
[font=arial][size=1000][/font][/size] [font=calbri][size=1000][/font][/size][font=impact][size=1000][/font][/size]

[quote=“MiG”]Ok, just looks like you use the youtube bbcode. So you do it the same way as you did it before, ie:

will give you this:

Hay I thought I tried that before?? Ok I will try :astonished:

:smile:

I keep getting a strange PHP debug warning sign (or somethin’ like that!) every time I click on anything. It disappears after a few seconds but don’t know what it is and still haven’t any smilies. Nope, no smilies !

:frowning:

Test, test… I changed my settings… trying to see if the time stamp changes…

:smile: