Terrorist is Canada?

Shots fired on Parliament Hill, soldier shot at National War Memorial

ctvnews.ca/canada/shots-fire … z3GtCzuBsi

Why are they a Terrorist ?

Well I guess it’s time to whip ourselves into a frenzy and implement some draconian laws the circumvent the court system. I mean we had some potential terrorists once so clearly we aren’t doing a good enough job of preventing something bad from happening 100 percent of the time.

cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa- … -1.2809146

Who knew the Sergeant-at-arms was armed?

So sad the conspiritards are already posting “Wake up Sheeple! False Flag!”

I’m no conspiracy theorist but I’m a realist. This was done for rea by real nutjobs and it will likely really be used as an excuse to allow more government to oversight into our lives.

Speedy I didn’t say he were Terrorist. I am asking if he could be a Terrorist, and of course I’m sure alot of people were asking the same question yesterday. A dark day for most and lots of confusion.

And yes, we are not safe in our own country now.

[quote=“Cooking with Fire”]Speedy I didn’t say he were Terrorist. I am asking if he could be a Terrorist, and of course I’m sure alot of people were asking the same question yesterday. A dark day for most and lots of confusion.

And yes, we are not safe in our own country now.[/quote]

Uh yes we are. From time to time crazy people do bad things we will never be able to prevent it 100 percent of the time. What happened yesterday was tragic but it was handled properly and the damage was limited. All in all things went well. We should remember what he was standing there honoring when he was killed instead of reacting out of irrational fear about being unsafe. If you feel unsafe because of this you’re a crazy person and have the potential to cause more harm to this country than the idiot who perpetrated it.

Terrorist is Canada?

Are you asking if this gunman is the embodiment of Canada? If so, then, umm, no.

Harper called the shooting an act of terrorism. I think the term is getting thrown around a bit too much these days. The man that was involved in the shooting didn’t appear to have any links to terrorist activities or groups, to me it seems like a case of suicide by cop.

But the man that mowed down the two military men in Quebec was on the governments watch list because of some of the things he was posting on his Facebook page and was prevented from leaving Canada when he had booked a trip to Turkey as they suspected him to be heading for Syria to fight. There were a number of agencies involved in his life, he was being watched and the last time authorities spoke with him was 2 weeks before the incident. He had committed no crime up to this point. Did he commit a terrorist act? Had he been harassed by authorities to his breaking point? Or was it a case of suicide by cop?

The one thing we can all agree on is these two men were not thinking straight…

In June, a guy shot 5 Mounties in Monctob and 3 were killed. He’s NOT a Terrorist.
Guy kills one soldier with a car, another kills one soldier with a rifle and they ARE terrorists.

What’s the qualifying factor? They killed soldiers, not policemen? Or they were converts to Islam?

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]In June, a guy shot 5 Mounties in Monctob and 3 were killed. He’s NOT a Terrorist.
Guy kills one soldier with a car, another kills one soldier with a rifle and they ARE terrorists.

What’s the qualifying factor? They killed soldiers, not policemen? Or they were converts to Islam?[/quote]

ter·ror·ism/ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims

Zehaf-Bibeau was a Muslim, was trying to get to Syria, and attacked a political institution. So, maybe was maybe not.

Bourque was just a cop/authority hater.

Bourque believed conspiracy theories. That was his religion, and his prime motivation. If you believe the government is spraying you with chemtrails, poisoning your water with flouride, etc. then the logical conclusion is that you must rise up and fight the government.

Certainly as much of a terrorist as Timothy McVeigh, Jared Lee Loughner, or any of the other Conspiracy Theory believers.

What’s the difference in motivation? One’s beliefs demanded that he kill the non-believers. The other’s beliefs also demanded that he kill the non-believers. So they both believed in different religions, and both used violence to further their political beliefs.

It also appears that Zehaf-Bibeau had also been following the twitter feed of Abu Khalid Al Kanadi. (this doesn’t make him a terrorist, but it adds to suspicion)

I think the term 'Terrorist" has been used very broadly over the last dozen years, probably irresponsibly by the media much of the time. But I think the traditional terrorist is somewhat organized and follows orders from a specific chain of command. And then someone we would consider a ‘nut-job’ doing the same attacks would not be a terrorist. Well now the lines have blurred. We might get a crazy who also follows a terrorist on twitter, does that now make him a terrorist or is he still just a nut?

I don’t really know where this one falls.

For fuck sakes harper you terrible, disgraceful cunt. The guy was standing honor guard for soldiers that died fighting for our freedom and you can’t even wait until he’s buried to use his name to further your agenda and take more of those rights and freedoms away. The same rights and freedoms he died honoring. I knew it was coming but part of me hoped we were better than that.

Why exactly do these agencies need more power when the guy was already on their radar.
m.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29743711

It will become illegal to convert to Islam.
In keeping with Tory tradition there will be a mandatory minimum sentence.
Death.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]It will become illegal to convert to Islam.
Death.[/quote]

The whole thing is nuts. Just looking for an excuse they can use to pass the bill they’ve been trying to pass since they got their majority. Now they figure they can do it without the public outcry. I hope our other parties stand up and say NO and defend not only his legacy but the legacy of all our soldiers but who am I kidding. They will just hug it out like the bunch of pussies they are each looking to score some political points for crossing the floor to jerk eachother off about how this is bigger than their differences.

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]It will become illegal to convert to Islam.
Death.[/quote]

The whole thing is nuts. Just looking for an excuse they can use to pass the bill they’ve been trying to pass since they got their majority. Now they figure they can do it without the public outcry. I hope our other parties stand up and say NO and defend not only his legacy but the legacy of all our soldiers but who am I kidding. They will just hug it out like the bunch of pussies they are each looking to score some political points for crossing the floor to jerk eachother off about how this is bigger than their differences.[/quote]

Threaten a politician, it is terrorism. Threaten a regular person, it’s a crime.

Both are crimes… terrorism is a crime and it has nothing to do with crime directed ato a politician… what are you getting at here? Are you trying to say we need more powers for security agencies like the proposed precommission detention… aka thought crime prisons? Because I really don’t think we do and I think harper is a sociopathic degenerate piece of shit to try and use this poor guys murder as reasoning to enact such terrible laws. The government having the power to detain you even if no crime has been committed is the definition of a police state.

[quote=“MiG”]Bourque believed conspiracy theories. That was his religion, and his prime motivation. If you believe the government is spraying you with chemtrails, poisoning your water with flouride, etc. then the logical conclusion is that you must rise up and fight the government.

Certainly as much of a terrorist as Timothy McVeigh, Jared Lee Loughner, or any of the other Conspiracy Theory believers.

What’s the difference in motivation? One’s beliefs demanded that he kill the non-believers. The other’s beliefs also demanded that he kill the non-believers. So they both believed in different religions, and both used violence to further their political beliefs.[/quote]

what are you trying to say MiG, that all conspiracy theorist are terrorists? and that all Conspiracy Theory believers hate their government and want to kill all that appose them.

[quote=“Astro”]

[quote=“MiG”]Bourque believed conspiracy theories. That was his religion, and his prime motivation. If you believe the government is spraying you with chemtrails, poisoning your water with flouride, etc. then the logical conclusion is that you must rise up and fight the government.

What’s the difference in motivation? One’s beliefs demanded that he kill the non-believers. The other’s beliefs also demanded that he kill the non-believers. So they both believed in different religions, and both used violence to further their political beliefs.[/quote]

what are you trying to say MiG, that all conspiracy theorist are terrorists? and that all Conspiracy Theory believers hate their government and want to kill all that appose them.[/quote]

He’s saying conspiracy theorists are crazy people and crazy people are more likely to commit crimes based upon their delusions. You know like all the people he listed above, or anti abortion “protestors” that blow up clinics, or animal rights nutjobs that fire bomb buildings and threaten to blow up your local SPCA for having a crab cookout (Paul watson and his terrorist organization the sea shepherd society).