Taco Bell & KFC

What happened? I was looking forward to some KFC again.

Mismanagement and a population of a thousand people, or is it 3000 people left in rupert…

Thousands of Chickens Tortured by KFC Supplier

In July 2004, PETA revealed the results of an investigation into a KFC-supplying slaughterhouse in Moorefield, West Virginia, where workers were caught on video stomping on chickens, kicking them, and violently slamming them against floors and walls. Workers also ripped the animals’ beaks off, twisted their heads off, spat tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and squeezed their bodies so hard that the birds expelled feces—all while the chickens were still alive. Dan Rather echoed the views of all kind people when he said on the CBS Evening News, “[T]here’s no mistaking what [the video] depicts: cruelty to animals, chickens horribly mistreated before they’re slaughtered for a fast-food chain.”

The video from the investigation was broadcast by television stations around the world as well as all three national evening news shows, Good Morning America, and all the cable news networks. Plus, more than a million people have watched the footage on PETA’s Web site.

The world’s leading animal welfare experts condemned the cruelty at this KFC supplier. Colorado State University professor of animal science, biomedical sciences, and philosophy, university distinguished professor, and university bioethicist Dr. Bernard Rollin writes, “I can unequivocally state that the behavior I saw exemplified in [this] videotape was totally unacceptable. … The tape showed evidence of a work force that apparently failed to recognize that chickens are living sentient beings capable of feeling pain and distress.” Dr. Temple Grandin, perhaps the industry’s leading farmed-animal welfare expert, writes, “The behavior of the plant employees was atrocious,” and asserts that even though she has toured poultry facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, France, the Netherlands, and the U.K., the video showed “the WORST employee behavior I have ever seen in a poultry plant.” University of Guelph professor of applied ethology and university chair in animal welfare Dr. Ian Duncan writes, “This tape depicts scenes of the worst cruelty I have ever witnessed against chickens … and it is extremely hard to accept that this is occurring in the United States of America.”

This facility was a KFC “Supplier of the Year.”

What You Can Do
The best thing you can do to help spare animals from such torture is to stop eating them and, thus, stop supporting the industry that allows such cruelty to occur. Order a free vegetarian starter kit, full of delicious recipes. We’ll also include a free DVD.

WWW.KENTUCKYFRIEDCRUELTY.COM

[quote=“nixie5”]Thousands of Chickens Tortured by KFC Supplier

In July 2004, PETA revealed the results of an investigation into a KFC-supplying slaughterhouse in Moorefield, West Virginia, where workers were caught on video stomping on chickens, kicking them, and violently slamming them against floors and walls. Workers also ripped the animals’ beaks off, twisted their heads off, spat tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and squeezed their bodies so hard that the birds expelled feces—all while the chickens were still alive. Dan Rather echoed the views of all kind people when he said on the CBS Evening News, “[T]here’s no mistaking what [the video] depicts: cruelty to animals, chickens horribly mistreated before they’re slaughtered for a fast-food chain.”

The video from the investigation was broadcast by television stations around the world as well as all three national evening news shows, Good Morning America, and all the cable news networks. Plus, more than a million people have watched the footage on PETA’s Web site.

The world’s leading animal welfare experts condemned the cruelty at this KFC supplier. Colorado State University professor of animal science, biomedical sciences, and philosophy, university distinguished professor, and university bioethicist Dr. Bernard Rollin writes, “I can unequivocally state that the behavior I saw exemplified in [this] videotape was totally unacceptable. … The tape showed evidence of a work force that apparently failed to recognize that chickens are living sentient beings capable of feeling pain and distress.” Dr. Temple Grandin, perhaps the industry’s leading farmed-animal welfare expert, writes, “The behavior of the plant employees was atrocious,” and asserts that even though she has toured poultry facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, France, the Netherlands, and the U.K., the video showed “the WORST employee behavior I have ever seen in a poultry plant.” University of Guelph professor of applied ethology and university chair in animal welfare Dr. Ian Duncan writes, “This tape depicts scenes of the worst cruelty I have ever witnessed against chickens … and it is extremely hard to accept that this is occurring in the United States of America.”

What You Can Do
The best thing you can do to help spare animals from such torture is to stop eating them and, thus, stop supporting the industry that allows such cruelty to occur. Order a free vegetarian starter kit, full of delicious recipes. We’ll also include a free DVD.

WWW.KENTUCKYFRIEDCRUELTY.COM[/quote]

Wow! That’s quite a lot to digest:?) I may never eat chicken again. Well I won’t go that far, but I’ll probably feel a pang of guilt the next time I have some chicken fingers. mmmmmmmm… chicken fingers! See ya.

The world’s leading animal welfare experts condemned the cruelty at this KFC supplier. Colorado State University professor of animal science, biomedical sciences, and philosophy, university distinguished professor, and university bioethicist Dr. Bernard Rollin writes, “I can unequivocally state that the behavior I saw exemplified in [this] videotape was totally unacceptable. … The tape showed evidence of a work force that apparently failed to recognize that chickens are living sentient beings capable of feeling pain and distress.” Dr. Temple Grandin, perhaps the industry’s leading farmed-animal welfare expert, writes, “The behavior of the plant employees was atrocious,” and asserts that even though she has toured poultry facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, France, the Netherlands, and the U.K., the video showed “the WORST employee behavior I have ever seen in a poultry plant.” University of Guelph professor of applied ethology and university chair in animal welfare Dr. Ian Duncan writes, “This tape depicts scenes of the worst cruelty I have ever witnessed against chickens … and it is extremely hard to accept that this is occurring in the United States of America.” [/quote]

Well, no one would condone treating chickens like that - those people are psychos! But, if you just chop their heads off, nice and clean, what’s the problem?

Geez nixie5 - when you get to Rupert I’ll have to introduce you to my wife - she’s a rabid vegetarian and we regularly donate money to PETA.

What You Can Do

:laughing: using peta as a reference they’re reliable :unamused:

Holy crap, with that level of perversion going on it’s probably a good thing they didn’t take their cameras into the employee washrooms. ( oh come on, it’s not like I was the only one thinking this. ) This is probably where the avian flu was started as a revenge on mankind.

Hey, I think I saw Nixi on Kids in The Hall the other day. She is the Chicken Lady!!!

If you fail to eat your popcorn chicken, those poor little animals would have suffered in vain! Now you’re obligated to give their death meaning and buy more KFC.

By your command!

[quote=“HotmailDOTCom”]

Mismanagement and a population of a thousand people, or is it 3000 people left in rupert…

Well then how does that explain places like Smithers, Burs Lake, Kitimat, Vanderhoof…all of which HAVE KFC’s yet have significantly lower population than Prince Rupert.

The same argument can be made for A&W which can be found in Vanderhoof and Houston, both two towns that are under 5000 people. Rupert is around 11 thousand…I don’t get it.[/quote]

Well you see, those towns are “Truck Stops”… There are more people travelling, on the go, through those town, than there is in Prince Rupert… Also, you’ll notice that Prince Rupert has more real food restaurants than those town as well… we have about 2 dozen “real food” restaurants, and only 3 fast food places… compare that to the other towns, where they have 1 or 2 real food restaurants , and a dozen fast food joints… Who gives a shit about KFC anyway… its by far the most rancid food I’ve ever tasted in my life, and it makes you feel twice as shitty as it tastes…

What You Can Do

Darnit, now I’m hungry.

MMmmmm… KFC.

Love it or hate it, at least my opinion incites some interesting debate…

OH, and if you think PETA is unreliable or untrustworthy, what about the government or the meat/agriculture industry? Far, far worse hands down. Who you gonna believe? Who makes more money off the animals? Peta isn’t perfect, but I’d trust them over the alternatives any day.

And how are fast food places even still in business? They’re always packed, but I don’t know anyone who would eat that crap. Who ARE these people?

KFC causes cancer. You don’t have to ask.

[quote=“nixie5”]Love it or hate it, at least my opinion incites some interesting debate…

OH, and if you think PETA is unreliable or untrustworthy, what about the government or the meat/agriculture industry? Far, far worse hands down. Who you gonna believe? Who makes more money off the animals? Peta isn’t perfect, but I’d trust them over the alternatives any day.

And how are fast food places even still in business? They’re always packed, but I don’t know anyone who would eat that crap. Who ARE these people?[/quote]

How about Paul McCartney and his wife?

They squared off with the Newfoundland (and Labrador!) premier in a debate on that most holy of venues, CNN’s Larry King Live.

Apparently, they (McCartneys) barely let him (Williams) get a word in edgewise, but from what I understand the transcript would read something like:

[quote=“not actually a quizzote”]Heather McCartney: But you’re like, butchering baby seals, and they’re a cute, cuddly photo-op for celebrities.

Williams: Umm, no dude. I’m pretty sure that’s actually not how it goes down.[/quote]

http://www.cnn.com/video/

In the bottom right, under “Best of TV”, is “The McCartneys battle seal hunting (1:59)”.

No direct links cuz it’s all like javascript up in this bitch.

The baby seals areen’t just a cute cuddly photo op, they are innocent scapegoats for the mismanaged DFO, and the slaughter is a disgusting injustice. Maybe the Macartney’s actually care about that. I do, and so do a lot of people. Europe and the U.S. banned the pelts a long time ago. How much longer do we have to protest?

That’s an East Coast issue and this is the KFC thread. We should be making cracks about Luna Burgers…
it’s a whale of a meal, and it processes itself, too!