Surface

I don’t own a tablet PC yet. I’m leaning towards an ipad. I feel sorry for this guy. Heh:)

I’d buy a playbook (i almost did) before I supported apples anti competitive shit head antics with my $$$. I’m actually considering a 89.00 ebay special ainol novo 7 tornado as my first tablet purchase. Spec’s look good for what the price point is and even if its a piece of shit I still got my 89.00 worth because I wont have to deal with the hunk of shit portable dvd player for the kiddo’s movies anymore (it cost 98.00).

All I wanted was something to play movies off a usb stick (some of them legally purchased) so I didnt have to swap dvd’s while on road trips.

You’d think someone would have made such a product that didnt suck ass, the one i bought plays off usb but only divx 5.0 specifically 4.0/xvid are not compatible… I can only assume the mpaa is the reason there is no such product. fuck them just as much as apple. I quit buying movies the day I discovered my old laptop had some weird copy protection that prevented me from playing legitimately purchased dvds under linux. I’m sure there was a way around it but fuck them, my downloaded movies play just fine.

that turned into a bit of a rant… whoops.

Did not Microsoft already have a product called surface?, that would be like apple making an lcd tv and calling it an iPod. Only good thing i see here is Microsoft actually made something to which windows 8 belongs on. Take the hint Microsoft, windows 8 is not a desktop OS

[quote=“jesus”]
that turned into a bit of a rant… whoops.[/quote]

Just a bit. :smile:
I also have very strong feelings towards proprietary software. I do like Apple because I like the Unix-like OS running under the hood. My teenager loves her MBP. I recently had to buy a new version of MS Office for my wife (she needed it for work at home); I bristle when I pay money for software ( I prefer GNU/Linux software or the BSDs).

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“jesus”]
that turned into a bit of a rant… whoops.[/quote]

Just a bit. :smile:
I also have very strong feelings towards proprietary software. I do like Apple because I like the Unix-like OS running under the hood. My teenager loves her MBP. I recently had to buy a new version of MS Office for my wife (she needed it for work at home); I bristle when I pay money for software ( I prefer GNU/Linux software or the BSDs).[/quote]

Oh my hatred of apple is not about the money :wink: I’ll gladly pay for software if its good and doesnt make me jump through hoops to use it to prevent ‘piracy’. My problem is with apples legal dept suing people for making devices with round corners/bevelled edges or apple orchards using a mackintosh apple as a logo for their product and the other shithead manoeuvres the apple legal dept likes to pull. I can only assume out of boredom/job justification.

A quick google search for ‘apple sues’ brings up a few of the things im talking about. I’ve said it in other threads i dont care how good their stuff is it could cook my dinner and wipe my ass they wont get a dime from me :wink:. That’s not saying I wouldnt use them if I had to for work if I had to but I will personally not buy an apple product until they quit trying to stifle the tech industry with legal bullshit. Same goes for oracle, fuck oracle.