Supersize me

So who saw the movie Supersize Me last night? I thought it was a great movie and an awesome experiment. And since I don’t eat fast food I feel even better.

A few years back, I got totally obsessed with working out. I was in the gym a minimum of two hours per day, no less than three times a week, but for social reasons, ate 90% of my meals at McD’s. I’m not talking just dinner either. I’m talking breakfast, lunch and dinner. The last 10% was made up of 11pm meals at Angelo’s. So that means four full meals per day. I had no ill effects, lost extra pounds like crazy and even had a six pack. This lasted for about a year and I’m still here to talk about it.

For the last four or five years, I’ve probably been eating “healthier” than I ever have in my whole life, but due to lack of exercise, I’d have to lose 30 or so pounds to get back to where I was five years ago.

I’m giving serious consideration to going back on the McD’s diet, but the point of my little story is that if you consume crap (like in the movie), and get no exercise (like in the movie) you’re going to get sick(like in the movie). I suspect that if you consumed the equivalent nutritional value of any type of food, you’ll get the same reaction.

I’m disappointed that a national food chain so close to my heart would get such a bum rap, but seriously, go see the movie and then tell me that you’ll really, honestly, stop going to McD’s.

PS: Was the movie any good?

I saw it a few weeks back and i was bored to sleep

[quote=“alistair”]A few years back, I got totally obsessed with working out. I was in the gym a minimum of two hours per day, no less than three times a week, but for social reasons, ate 90% of my meals at McD’s. I’m not talking just dinner either. I’m talking breakfast, lunch and dinner. The last 10% was made up of 11pm meals at Angelo’s. So that means four full meals per day. I had no ill effects, lost extra pounds like crazy and even had a six pack. This lasted for about a year and I’m still here to talk about it.

For the last four or five years, I’ve probably been eating “healthier” than I ever have in my whole life, but due to lack of exercise, I’d have to lose 30 or so pounds to get back to where I was five years ago.

I’m giving serious consideration to going back on the McD’s diet, but the point of my little story is that if you consume crap (like in the movie), and get no exercise (like in the movie) you’re going to get sick(like in the movie). I suspect that if you consumed the equivalent nutritional value of any type of food, you’ll get the same reaction.

I’m disappointed that a national food chain so close to my heart would get such a bum rap, but seriously, go see the movie and then tell me that you’ll really, honestly, stop going to McD’s.

PS: Was the movie any good?[/quote]

McDonald’s gives a lot of people the runs. Therefor I don’t think people’s bodies have a whole lot of time to absorb as many calories as the meals are worth , haha.

If you keep eating there, it will be closer to your heart than you might have thought.

I haven’t eaten at McD’s in over 5 years and now, having seen this movie, won’t eat there again.

Yes, the movie was very good.

Listen to Mr. Righteous here!
I bet you don’t watch TV either. And you probably walk to work too. Man, how can you live amongst the scum that the rest of us are? Aren’t you afraid of second hand fast food (that’s when someone besides you has fry breath)?

Now who is the bozo who forgot to give me ketchup with my Quarter Pounder combo? :wink:

[quote=“BigThumb”]Listen to Mr. Righteous here!
I bet you don’t watch TV either.[/quote]

I’m not perfect. I watch too much TV! And don’t give to oxfam. And I’m mean to my mother-in-law. :smiley:

excellent burn, Dave!

Then your wife must be cause your kid is cute!

“Daddy’s got a digital camera! I know what I’m goin’ after soon as I can crawl.”

I eat at McDonalds too much and after watching the movie I stoped. well after a few weeks I went back could not help myself…lol… man did i pay for it… my guts acked like hell… had to take some tums. in the last month i have ate there 2 times wich is good for me as i ate there every other day.
I find i loose waite fast if i stop eating there too.

The only thing that’s good at McDonalds these days are the Chicken Fingers.

Mmm… I like milkshakes.

I watched a little clip about how long it takes for mcdonalds food to rott, and I only remember how long it was for the fries, after 10 weeks the fries still had noo sign of mold.

Oh please, it’s not the fast food, it’s how much you eat it. If you eat it by the ton why would you be surprised that you get fat. It’s an insult and MacDonald’s should have sued, I know I would have, it I owned a fast food joint that some dumb documenty slanders like SUPERSIZE ME does. Thanks to that stupid movie, MacDonald’s is getting rid of the supersize, mostl likely including the SuperSize Coke, which is the one I order. You get more for the money. I think that and Ferinheight 9/11 should be burned with the creators.

Eat anything you want. Moderation is the key and balancing all the nutrition needed for a healthy system. Of course you’re going to get fat if you eat at McDonalds every day, and even though you might exercise, their food is still going to screw your body up. Any person with half-ass smarts knows that. And whoever let that dumbass sue McD’s for getting them too fat is even a bigger dumbass. I remember, in Marketing 12, our teacher told us a story how this old lady burned herself with McD’s coffee, and sued them because of it. She won the lawsuit and got some odd millions of dollars…it’s ridicilous!!! Coffee is HOT!!! What did she expect?! And her being an old lady, that I bet drank millions of coffees in her lifetime, should know coffee is served hot!!! ARRRGG…I don’t understand.

I agree, if you nothing but fast food, of course you’re going to get fat. But blaming the food for you lack of control is like blaming the car for hitting the tree when you were driving it.

About the hot coffee:http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm…

http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2005/03/01/diet-mcdonalds050301.html

Well shit son. I’m not gonna worry about McDicks no more.