Stupid Cops (post your stupid cop story here)

Do cops have to come to a complete stop for 3 seconds at a stop sign, or are they aloud to slow down and keep going? I have a clear view all day and 75% of them drive on through and its a school zone. There clearly not chasing down someone.

One time some cops came to my door and asked me what i did the previous day. I told them, and they were like come mr ____ you know what you did, and i was like huh? and they were like we know what you did. And they kept going on and on like that. And i asked them what did i do several times, but they wouldnt tell me. I should have just slammed the door in their face and said stop harrassing me, but i didnt. It took awhile to get them to tell me what i did. Even though it wasnt even true.

If you act like an ass towards cops… they’ll act like asses right back at you.

Not always true, while most people will come in here bashing the cops because they are teenage morons I have been illegally searched (no i wasnt a teenager with a backpack i was 21 and walking down the street in a t-shirt and jeans at 10:30pm) threatened and harassed.

If you are a drunken teenager dont even bother posting your story in here we all know how hard done by you are because the cops took your beer.

If they are dealing with an average (non-intoxicated or violent) person, I see no reason why they should be asses. In my opinion, the RCMP officers should be an immaculate example of manners; unless dealing with crazy people. I hope I made sense…

Police Officers are like any other group of workers. There are good cops, bad cops and every other type in-between. Cops even have good days and bad days. The thing is… every police officer out there is putting thier own safety on the line to keep us all safe.

I’m not defending bad behavior on thier part, it’s just that a lot of people seem to believe that a police officer should be a mythical being who never makes mistakes, is always friendly, and never has a bad day.

Something else to keep in mind is that Rupert gets a LOT of RCMP officers who are straight out of depot and so will inherantly make more mistakes than a seasoned officer.

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]Police Officers are like any other group of workers. There are good cops, bad cops and every other type in-between. Cops even have good days and bad days. The thing is… every police officer out there is putting thier own safety on the line to keep us all safe.

I’m not defending bad behavior on thier part, it’s just that a lot of people seem to believe that a police officer should be a mythical being who never makes mistakes, is always friendly, and never has a bad day.

Something else to keep in mind is that Rupert gets a LOT of RCMP officers who are straight out of depot and so will inherantly make more mistakes than a seasoned officer.

Mike[/quote]

Rupert also has more cops who do not want to be there and are not very happy about it.

I have found RCMP officers in Kelowna to be much more friendly than ones from Prince Rupert. Infact, a couple of nights ago I was pulled over for having my “headlights” out. He was polite enough not to use his sirens, not even a chirp. I hate it when they do that… Our conversation went something along the lines of.

COP: Good evening sir, have you had anything to drink tonight?
ME: Nothing at all.
COP: I pulled you over becuase your headlights are out.
ME: My headlights or my taillights? (pushes button) My headlights are working fine.
COP: Your taillights are out, but I noticed your turn indictors still work. Can you turn on your 4-ways for me?
ME: Absolutely. (turns on 4ways) I had a taillight fuse die on me a couple of days ago, I’m sure that’s all it is.
COP: Alright, if you dont’ live to far from here, use your 4ways and drive home, or fix your stuff now if you can. Have a good night sir.
Me: You too, thanks.

I guarantee if that Rupert RCMP woman that seems to love to pull me over without reason, saw my taillights out, she would have written me a fine. I have been pulled over about a dozen times since I started driving… one time in Rupert I was “pulled over” and asked to blow a breathalizer test… The stupid part is that I was properly parked outside of a house waiting for Eso to jump in. They asked me if I had anything to drink, I said no, I was polite and they asked me to get out of the vehicle, and then demanded the breathlizer… I don’t mind giving one if they have reason to suspect I had been drinking, but this really pissed me off. After that I wasn’t polite and they buggered off. Anyhow, like I said before… I’ve been pulled over about a dozen times… for all sorts of things. Four times here in Kelowna now, and everytime the officer was very polite and almost sounded guilty for pulling me over in the first place. In Rupert, I’ve been pulled over 3 times without reason, given a ticket for not completely stopping at a stop sign, at night, without any traffic… Fortunately, she didn’t fill the ticket out properly so I never needed to pay it… and once I was pulled over in my Dad’s white Wagoneer, apparently doing 92km/h in an 80km/h zone… My only comical argument was that I couldnt’ go that fast up that hill if I wanted to, (which is true) and I politely asked if maybe one of the other 8 or so cars on that road at that time were speeding instead. He saw no humour in my statement and wrote me a warning… Anyway, I have found that RCMP outside of Rupert treat you with as much or more respect than you give them, but RCMP in Rupert are a completely different breed.

A lot of the officers from Prince Rupert who transfer out after spending thier time here go to places like Kelowna and Kamloops. Of course by then they are much more seasoned and have a lot of experience under thier belts.

If you knew what the ratio of senior members to rookies we have on the streets of Prince Rupert you’d be amazed.

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]If you knew what the ratio of senior members to rookies we have on the streets of Prince Rupert you’d be amazed.
[/quote]

I’m guessing it’s somewhere close to 1:7

A few years ago, there was a minor collision on the street just outside of where I work, and the two dudes were getting kind of heated, one of them was refusing to give the other guy his insurance information. So my boss went out there to try and mediate, and asked me to call the police.

I went inside and called them (not 911, the 7 digit number). I explained what was going on, and the woman on the other end asked me what I thought having a cop present would help. I told her that it would probably settle things pretty quickly, and the two guys wouldn’t end up getting into fisticuffs. She told me something about it being a minor civil dispute and wasn’t a very high priority for them. Then she asked me for my name, and I told her to just forget it and we’d handle it ourselves.

A cop did end up coming by in about two minutes though.

I got a good one. There was a dispute between myself, and a person that will remain unnamed. He pushed me and I flew about 10-12 feet back on a hard floor, hurting my head and back. He left right after, and I phoned the police. This lady cop first talked to the idiot that pushed me, then came to talk to me…and made me seem out to be the bad guy, telling me I shouldn’t argue with people and aggrevate them. Sure, I could agree with that, but I certainly did not ask to get hurt. This police officer didn’t even ask me if I was ok or anything, totally took the other persons side, and to boot, him being about 280 lbs, and me, a 125. I pretty much slammed the door in her face after I got enough of her BS. Not cool, not cool at all. Since that day, I really can’t say I think they protect and serve.

I agree with with Goobylicious. Seriously my dad rents 2 suites and the tenants don’t pay for like 3 monthes worth of rents. My dad is pretty easy on them, but like hey, he has to feed the family right? So he calls the cops for some help to kick out the tenants and the cops are on the Tenants side. Eventually they pretty much run away leaving the house a mess. Damn cops, don’t really protect and server the RIGHT people.

Don’t say anything too profound… Dumb it down.

You and your father should read the RESIDENTIAL TENANCY ACT before you go blaming the RCMP for your own stupidity.

[quote=“Jo-Mo”]

I agree with with Goobylicious. Seriously my dad rents 2 suites and the tenants don’t pay for like 3 monthes worth of rents. My dad is pretty easy on them, but like hey, he has to feed the family right? So he calls the cops for some help to kick out the tenants and the cops are on the Tenants side. Eventually they pretty much run away leaving the house a mess. Damn cops, don’t really protect and server the RIGHT people.[/quote]

uhh jo-mo, dad never call the cops to kick out the tenants if they don’t pay the rent! :unamused:

The internet is not big enough for me to tell all my cop stories.

I will let you in on a secret… the amount of attention you get from the Rupert RCMP is directly proportional to the size of the spoiler on your vehicle.

[quote=“orangetang”]I have found RCMP officers in Kelowna to be much more friendly than ones from Prince Rupert. Infact, a couple of nights ago I was pulled over for having my “headlights” out. He was polite enough not to use his sirens, not even a chirp. I hate it when they do that… Our conversation went something along the lines of.

COP: Good evening sir, have you had anything to drink tonight?
ME: Nothing at all.
COP: I pulled you over becuase your headlights are out.
ME: My headlights or my taillights? (pushes button) My headlights are working fine.
COP: Your taillights are out, but I noticed your turn indictors still work. Can you turn on your 4-ways for me?
ME: Absolutely. (turns on 4ways) I had a taillight fuse die on me a couple of days ago, I’m sure that’s all it is.
COP: Alright, if you dont’ live to far from here, use your 4ways and drive home, or fix your stuff now if you can. Have a good night sir.
Me: You too, thanks.

I guarantee if that Rupert RCMP woman that seems to love to pull me over without reason, saw my taillights out, she would have written me a fine. I have been pulled over about a dozen times since I started driving… one time in Rupert I was “pulled over” and asked to blow a breathalizer test… The stupid part is that I was properly parked outside of a house waiting for Eso to jump in. They asked me if I had anything to drink, I said no, I was polite and they asked me to get out of the vehicle, and then demanded the breathlizer… I don’t mind giving one if they have reason to suspect I had been drinking, but this really pissed me off. After that I wasn’t polite and they buggered off. Anyhow, like I said before… I’ve been pulled over about a dozen times… for all sorts of things. Four times here in Kelowna now, and everytime the officer was very polite and almost sounded guilty for pulling me over in the first place. In Rupert, I’ve been pulled over 3 times without reason, given a ticket for not completely stopping at a stop sign, at night, without any traffic… Fortunately, she didn’t fill the ticket out properly so I never needed to pay it… and once I was pulled over in my Dad’s white Wagoneer, apparently doing 92km/h in an 80km/h zone… My only comical argument was that I couldnt’ go that fast up that hill if I wanted to, (which is true) and I politely asked if maybe one of the other 8 or so cars on that road at that time were speeding instead. He saw no humour in my statement and wrote me a warning… Anyway, I have found that RCMP outside of Rupert treat you with as much or more respect than you give them, but RCMP in Rupert are a completely different breed.[/quote]

I remember that night… parked outside Ed’s house, in the back alley, car turned off, etc…

Anyway, as for rupert having stiff cops, i think is mainly to do with the amount of alcohol the average person here consumes. If you go to terrace, or even as far as Prince George, you goto the liqour store, put your 15 pack and 26 on the counter, and the clerk says “you must be from rupert”… I’ve heard the same thing happen to quite a few people when the shop for liqour out of town, and they get the same respones. As for new cops, I think that they are trying to get their point accross that they are serious about enforcing the law, even to the extent that they break the law on their part to get their point across. If all the cops were nice, and even if they knew your were 16 with a case of beer in your back pack, and let you go everytime, slowly they would lose control of the public, and the streets would be haywire. In that sence its completly logical that they get out of hand sometimes.

[quote=“goodbytes”]The internet is not big enough for me to tell all my cop stories.

I will let you in on a secret… the amount of attention you get from the Rupert RCMP is directly proportional to the size of the spoiler on your vehicle.[/quote]

Sweet, so if i put a big spoiler on my truck, they’ll think it goes fast and pull me over? Cause you know, spoilers make you go fast and out of control, not give you traction.

I think I posted this following story here already, but since its a good one, and while on this topic, I’ll post it again.

Anyway, its another average day at work, when i hear sirens. At first i thought it was the firetrucks, since i work just around the coner from the fire hall, when i see 6 cops car screaming down the street. Run out of their cars with guns drawn. Lone behold, there was a drunken, one legged man taking a walk in the park. 4 of the cops didnt hesitate for a minute to jump on top of him, and start pounding him to the ground with their billy clubs. after wrestling this next to helpless guy, the TOSS his in the back of the car, and slam his one good leg in the door of the car, several times until they finally realize their idiousy. They leave behind a croud of shocked faces watching this whole episode.

[quote=“Delirious”]

[quote=“goodbytes”]The internet is not big enough for me to tell all my cop stories.

I will let you in on a secret… the amount of attention you get from the Rupert RCMP is directly proportional to the size of the spoiler on your vehicle.[/quote]

Sweet, so if i put a big spoiler on my truck, they’ll think it goes fast and pull me over? Cause you know, spoilers make you go fast and out of control, not give you traction.[/quote]

Color and stripes also draw attention. Studies show RED to be most ticketed color vehicle, regardless of the make/model.