Stand Up For The North

I guess it depends on your definition of competence.  I have a problem with an administration that doesn’t value education or health care.  These are fundamental, core elements of a civilized society.  You and I will respectfully disagree.

A complete lack of NDP candidates from small business backgrounds, an absurd PC based nomination process that is more concerned about sex and colour than skill and qualifications that ensures incompetence, a leader that picks up the wrong ball and runs in the wrong direction on major issues…
The “Axe the Tax” fiasco was a big one.
The negativity of concentrating more on what you’re against rather than what you’re for is another.
I did support them on the Skeena mill, it was better to try to save a town (and they DID!) than let ‘market forces’ kill one.
I did support the fast ferries. Everything was right, then instead of moving the lanes they travelled further away from the island homes of the uber-wealthy or giving them a free set of bumpers for their yachts they stalled right out and responded to the Liberal goading.

Actually Hitest, I agree whole heartedly with you, especially about education, I think it is the single most important thing a society should provide for its people.  The more, the better as well. The BC liberal’s lack of focus on this topic is one thing I am not pleased about, lack of a decent minimum wage, and an utter lack of compasion in their first term are some others. (There are many others too.) However I just dont see the current brain trust at the BC NDP as the answer, I am even more worried for them now that Gregor Robertson and David Cudnovsky have left.

I agree with both you and herbie:-)  Although I will vote NDP provincially and federally I do have a problem with our provincial NDP leader, it was a mistake to nominate James.  Having said that I can not ever see myself voting for Uncle Gordo.  Our MLA (Gary Coons) does good work in our riding.  Gary has my vote.

ahhh yes scary gary. I don’t know if you have noticed this on how mush the provincial liberal party has suported prince rupert over the last 8 years. so many people cry rivers on how the pulp mill has been shut down. what about all of the things we have developed. ex the container port and cruise ships. Gary had no major impact on that at all. now people are bitching because the container port hasnt done anything for our community when realy its only been running for around 10 months. not even a year. so look towards tomorow not today

Regarding the carbon tax, there is no transit alternative in most places here. I put the resolution forward with the caveat “places along or North of Hwy 16 with populations under 10,000”, and it was amended.
Prince George itself can live without. Possibly Rupert and Terrace as well. It’s meant for rural benefit, where there is no transit and the economies are single-industry.

Well I may have shit my bed now… so pissed I sent a Letter To The Editor of our paper mentioning what I said here, ex-Liberal etc.
Then I stated that I was a firm believer in the adage
"Government is like a baby, it must be changed often."
and in spite of all the losers this riding’s historically sent to Victoria, this diaper soiled rapidly…

I couldn’t agree more. :sunglasses:
I am hopeful that our current provincial administration will be tossed out in the Spring. :smile: