Sport Chek or Atmosphere PR location possible?

According to the latest NV headline about Athletes World being shuttered by its parent company, Sport Chek or Atmosphere may be coming to the city in the future according to FGL Sports Ltd, which owns Atmosphere/Sport Chek/SportMart/Athletes World ect banner.

thenorthernview.com/news/180014891.html

[quote=“bthedog”]According to the latest NV headline about Athletes World being shuttered by its parent company, Sport Chek or Atmosphere may be coming to the city in the future according to FGL Sports Ltd, which owns Atmosphere/Sport Chek/SportMart/Athletes World ect banner.

thenorthernview.com/news/180014891.html[/quote]

Well you’re a half glass is full kinda person that’s for sure. from the story.

“We are looking at a number of different leases to see if there is a Sport Chek or Atmosphere near by. If there isn’t then there is some studying to be done to see if it is a possible location,” he said.

Guess it all depends on if Terrace is considered “near by”

I would really like to see a Sport Chek open in the mall perhaps using three spaces? It would really revitalize the area, it is nice to see Walmart (Smallmart) and Shoppers Drugmart, and the News stand open in the mall. I wish more money would be spent on external upgrades, much like Terrace has done.

Unfortunately, there won’t be a SportChek or Atmosphere anywhere in Prince Rupert until at least 2014… if EVER. I will remain hopeful that Rupert could end up with one of the 100 stores they are planning to open in the next 5 years… but I won’t be holding my breath.