Speed Sign On McBride Street/Park Ave

[quote=“Piknic”]

[quote=“fishin for life”]

Universally across the motoring world the lights mean the same thing, so my point I am making is, WHY DOES BC, THE ONLY PROVINCE HAVE FLASHING GREEN ON CROSSWALKS. ?[/quote]

Coss we’re special[/quote]

The flashing green means it is safe for cars to travel through right ?

When someone pushes the button doesn’t it go yellow to red and then you stop your car right ?

[quote=“mcsash”]it actually a great idea…we sould have more in Rupert actually…

the only one in the north west is by the AW in Terrace…you see someone standing at the signal button and you know change is imminent.

there are several interesctions on McBride where this would be beneficial. worst intersection in town is at chevron bmo.[/quote]

There’s more than one pedestrian controlled crosswalk in Terrace.

The whole flashing green part seems unnessary. Even the flashing red to some extent. Why not no flashing lights whatsoever when not activated. Then once activated by a pedestrian there’s a flashing amber or red. After a set amount of time lights go off and everyone happily goes on with their lives.

These are the standard crossing signals used around here. (Winnipeg). Works fine.

A flashing green light simply tells the motorist that it is a pedestrian controlled traffic light, as opposed to a standard traffic light. As for other flashing lights, they still mean the same as when you did your driving test.

Green still means proceed, flashing or not.
Solid amber means the light is about to change to red, you must stop unless unsafe to do so.
Flashing amber means slow down and use caution.
Solid red means stop and do not proceed till light turns green.
Flashing red means stop and proceed according to the rules of right of way.

[quote=“soundbyte”]Solid amber means the light is about to change to red, you must stop unless unsafe to do so.
[/quote]

You must have written this one AFTER sitting at McBride and 3rd for a few days, lol

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote="_lit"]I’m curious, is there a specific traffic cop or is there such a role in our law enforcement?
I would suggest for them to hang out at the corner of 4th Street and 3rd Ave. “No Left Turn” at the intersection is rarely followed by motorists, I’m wondering if it would be easier to just take the signs down.
As a pedestrian, it’s a “frogger” type of game to cross most cross walks in Prince Rupert (don’t even get me started on the cross walks on McBride Street)

< / vent >[/quote]

Yes. I would like to see that No Left Turn sign enforced by the RCMP.[/quote]

the “no left turn” is only between 4-6pm…

[quote=“My2cents”]

Yes. I would like to see that No Left Turn sign enforced by the RCMP.
the “no left turn” is only between 4-6pm…[/quote]

Yes I am aware of the time when this is in effect. It seems that 4 - 6 pm is different for other drivers, however.

[quote=“My2cents”]
the “no left turn” is only between 4-6pm…[/quote]

I know. I would like to see the RCMP enforce that rule.

I think those signs should be removed honestly…there is no reason for that intersection to have a “no left turn” between 4 and 6…it just not busy enough on 3rd Avenue at those times anymore to warrant the sign IMO.