Special Council Meeting called tonight at City Hall 7:00 pm October 16, 2008

And perhaps I should

1. Resent your direct and anonymous accusation that my motives were driven by a dislike for council and mayor.

Or

1. Simply write you off as a cowardly sniper that is unable to think for himself and simply parrots his parent’s and other’s opinions no matter how inconsistent or illogical they may be.

For those that pay municipal taxes, a 20% increase is an issue as is weakening a publicly owned company to the point it is uncompetitive in a rapidly changing environment. The employees of City West and the citizens of Prince Rupert deserve an open, transparent and accountable city government. Those procedures and policies that you are so dismissive of are in place to avoid the type of cronyism, nepotism and incompetence that has become synonymous with Prince Rupert’s city hall

After seeing first hand how Pond and some members of his council(s) have betrayed the employees of City West and the citizens of Prince Rupert, I have the courage of my convictions to publicly state my views on a variety of topics that may be of interest to the community

Given that you are so free to interpret the motives of others you do not know, perhaps you will also have the courage of your convictions to publicly state your name rather than simply being a cowardly payne in the ass? I don’t think so! So until you are mature enough and courageous enough to drop your anonymous and cowardly sniping, I’ll go with the second option.

In closing there are a number of good honestand intelligent people on City Council but there are also those that believe that they have a god given right to keep the citizens in the dark about significant issues while they simply tax and spend to further their political ambitions.

Welcome to democracy; punk!

Wilf Rimmer

[quote=“Wilf Rimmer”]
And perhaps I should

1. Resent your direct and anonymous accusation that my motives were driven by a dislike for council and mayor.[/quote]

It’s the interweb, Mr. Rimmer. Anonymity is one of it’s staples.

You’re absolutely free to think that, but I can honestly say that I’ve spoken to my Mom very little about this–she doesn’t gossip, and she trusts me to form my own opinions. Moreover, everything she said to me merely echoed what I’d already heard her say at the Council meeting on the 8th.

[quote]
For those that pay municipal taxes, a 20% increase is an issue as is weakening a publicly owned company to the point it is uncompetitive in a rapidly changing environment. The employees of City West[/quote]

This isn’t about taxes, Mr. Rimmer. Nor is it about City West. No matter how much you want to throw these into the pot and muddy up the stew, this is about one incident regarding contracts with one City employee. That’s all!

Agreed.

Again, agreed–what a relief. :smile: I feel a combo breaker coming up.

Except–that wasn’t indicated at all in the report. The investigator explicitly said the only break in procedure was that Council didn’t quickly ratify the contracts by means of formal resolution.

Do you argue that the investigation came to an incorrect conclusion?

You’ve lost me here. What happened to employees at City West? Also, again–the issue at hand only involved one of Mayor Pond’s two City Councils.

As for you having the courage and conviction to state your opinions–good on you, really. It does takes guts to throw your neck out on the chopping block in a town the size of Rupert. Good on you!

I don’t feel the need to state my name–but with every post you’ve made since you realized who I am, you’ve tried very hard to allude to it without actually stating it–until now. :smile:

Anonymity. Without being as rude as you, I would like to welcome you to democracy, sir.

See–here’s where you show your bias against Mayor and Council. There’s nothing WRONG with disliking the current establishment–but at least admit it.

Which Councillors are keeping people in the dark? Which Councillors are taxing and spending to further their political ambitions? Be specific!

I can’t say I’m surprised by your reaction, however. Even after the third party investigation has found that all of the most damning accusations you made against Mayor, Council, Mr. Howie, and Ms. Hesse are unsupported, you still can’t back away. Why? I assume that it’s because this is an excellent outlet for you to express your other issues with the current establishment, which is why you continue to bring up City West and taxes–which, again, really have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Before you pick apart my motives again–yes, I have a parent on Council. I don’t think that she, or any of her collegues are corrupt. It appears I was correct.

So it appears the second option was the correct choice.

As much as you think you’re being smart, or witty, or funny, or hard-hitting by mocking me–I don’t think you are.

If I’m such an idiot Mr. Rimmer–if I’m so stupid I can’t think for myself–if all I do is parrot the opinions of a parent who lives 1500km away–why don’t you tear apart my so-called “illogical” comments and show me the way to political paradise?

I’ll leave that to your mommy and as for the idiot part that is how you’ve described yourself, not me.

So – no rules regarding civility on these boards, then?

There are rules.  When a thread gets out of control with vicious flaming I’ll move it to the wasteland.  This thread is getting heated, but, still acceptable.

You’ve stooped extremely low Mr. Rimmer. I think it’s incredibly childlike and foolish, but if you have nothing to say to what I’ve said–that’s fine. I feel sorry for Anna Ashley, as you’re a significant handicap to her cause. Do you seriously think that people will take you seriously when your best argument is to bash someone because their family is involved? I’ve admitted that I’m biased–get off your high horse and admit you’re just bitter because you weren’t asked to stay on the City West board. Whatever, I’m done–enjoy replying to every single post I make.

[quote=“eccentric”]
Do you seriously think that people will take you seriously when your best argument is to bash someone because their family is involved? [/quote]

Your parent’s behaviour is as far as I know beyond reproach. Your behaviour on the other hand is appalling. I’ve seen you post numerous sly innuendo’s on this board about Anna A.,  Jack M., myself and insult the intelligence and motives of other posters. You may feel the so called anonymity of the internet offers you respite from taking personal responsiblity for your comments. When the flames are turned back on your spoiled little behind, you cry foul.

Grow up and toughen up lad!

Edit by Eso: Fixed your quote tags.

Haven’t flamed anyone, else my posts would be in the wasteland. Again, though–well done not addressing my points and questions at all.

I’m not gonna post in this thread anymore, it’s not civil anymore with you throwing around swear words and insults. It makes us both look stupid.

I’ll just quickly express my opinion that you’ve made this far too personal, Mr. Rimmer. I brought different persons’ motives into the equation because I thought it was relevant. I didn’t, however, drop to blatant, rude personal attacks. For example, I didn’t call you a jerk, or AnnaA a dumb broad. Why? Because I try my best to act like most other polite, civilized people. We can disagree with a passion, but there’s absolutely no reason to be disrespectful and rude. If I accidentally stooped that low, I’m sorry. I don’t remember it, but if I did I’m honestly quite sorry–insults are always inappropriate and uncalled for.

As for my comment about Mr. Musallem–I may very well be wrong. I honestly just wanted to know if anyone had heard the same thing that I had–that’s all. It was just a question. :smile: