Some advice, Please!

Call the SPCA and give up some names , maybe there will be warning issued.

They have already been told JC but thanks anyway !

codybear, what a spot you are in, your poor cat.  When we moved into our new house we had the same problem, same cat even came in the house, but I did not feed it so I guess it just moved on.  I hope the owners or those looking after their house will come and take them back, then keep them indoors.

Some people should not have pets.  This topic has been running for two days now and the sister is the only one that posted.  What’s wrong with the owners or does this show how much they really care.? Take them to the SPCA, problem solved and I bet they won’t bother to go and get them, they must figure they are a hassle now, why they leave them outside.

Nah, take em in, make em your own. Your cat will get used to them. If the owners come back, then fine.

Hey Bubba, I wish that I could take the one in but I can’t as we will be moving 'cross country within the next year and  moving with two cats (my fella owns one also!) will be quite a feat in itself !  I accept full responsibility for starting to feed the little guy in the first place, I felt sorry for it but I can’t feed all of her cats and nor should I have to.  I will see what happens in the next few days and if they keep coming back, I will have to call the shelter and take them in.  Lindsay already is aware of the problem anyway.  Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and they take responsibility for them and attempt to keep them at home.  A litter box, food and some commitment is all it would take. 

That is asking for a lot of commitments .

Evidently so JC ! I thought we were out of the woods as I hadn’t seen him today yet but he is lounging under a window my landlord has leaning against my garden shed.  Another one of his fave spots, out of the rain and warm.  So, I guess the great advice offered on here hit deaf ears.  Either you attempt to keep them at home or I will have to surrender them to the shelter for their own safety. Believe me, that is not what I want to do but what choice do I have?

What color and type is the cat?  I had someone come by today who just moved in around the hospital and the cat took off and they are out looking.

One is medium-haired tabby with white face and underbelly and the other is brown tabby, both beauties !  This is on 11th. though and has been happening for weeks .  I hope your friend finds her cat  :cry:

the only thing i would be feeding it its rat poison… :smiley: :astonished:

Do i have enough airmiles to get to the wasteland?

jokingly…

oxy clean in a bowl of water. lol 

sorry it happened to my friends cat by mistake, oxy clean in the sink and the cat drank the water!    :imp:

wasteland???

OMG, that is horrible ! Guess we somtimes don’t realize what the little buggers will get into. I know antifreeze is still one of the big offenders for dogs and cats drinking from puddles. So I walked home by codybears place, guess she’s not home but she will have mouths to feed when she gets back. Two cats waiting on her porch. Where are the owners anyways? Look out for your pets people. That’s all she’s asking you to do, why is that so hard?

do I have enough airmiles…lmao…shit, that was funny…  :-D

#1 - People feeding the communities of feral cats needs to stop. It is not being kind, it is creating a problem, a serious one where both shelters are full up with their off spring. If you want to help, catch the cats and have them spayed and neutered, then release! Ta-Da!

#2 - Feeding a once owned cat is alright if one has the means to look after the basic needs the once owners are to irresponsible and neglectful to do. There are way too many people who move away and do not manage their pets properly.

Cody, deff call the SPCA with names of anyone who may be irresponsible, and they also may have a good idea as of how to deal with the situation. It will be a shame to see a decent pet owner leave Rupert and I am sure you will be missed.

Thank you ratboat4, I appreciate your input and I agree with your points and as I am a volunteer at the shelter I have spoken to our manager and she is aware of the problem but unfortunately you can’t force an owner to be a responsible “parent”. I am able to feed this little guy but he was out there late last night with one of his “siblings” and I didn’t want to start another problem so I couldn’t feed just him, I had to listen to him cry out there for over an hour. Broke my heart but he was just here and had his grub so hopefully will go home.  I don’t know what to do but as I said before, I will feed one but not the others as it is making it too damn easy for the owners to neglect their responsibilities. It sucks and it would only take some time on their behalf to remedy this situation.  Thanks again !  :smiley:

just stop feeding the cat i cant believe this thread has gone on this long about some one who is feeding someone elses cat and it wont leave. my nieghbor started feeding my cat fish so it never came home . i said keep it i didnt consider it mine anymore.

if you dont want a cat around your house dont feed it pretty simple  :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

The thread has gone on because we are trying to get these so called pet owners to take up their responsibilities. You don’t like it, don’t post! :unamused:

It’s blatantly obvious, at least to me, that these people don’t want their cat anymore. If they did want it, they’d be doing something to keep it there. Truth in action people.

its not the pet owners fault someone else is feeding their cat. you cant control a cat on where they go . they get curious want to see other cats . its kinda like having a daughter trying to shoo away horny teenage boys . cats seek out other cats maybe this cat just wants to make friends with other cats . but no one asked you too feed them lol